Notices

bridgestone vs. bfg

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
TACOBelAir
kmc5183 is on a distinguished road
kmc5183's Tacoma Gallery
Question bridgestone vs. bfg

I am looking into new tires for my truck and have pretty much narrowed it down to either the BFG AT KO or the Bridgestone Dueler REVO AT.

I had BFG AT KOs on my last truck any liked them very much. Anyone have any thoughts on the Dueler REVOs??

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had them myself, but I've only heard good things about the Revos. I have the BFGs.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have never had the bfg's...but i have had the revo's and i loved them. great at tire........on and off road they perform well, even in heavy rain, and they are pretty quiet.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I have had both and the REVOs are outstanding. the BFs didn't wear well.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I had the BFG A/T's on my 95 Tacoma and they lasted forever, no complaints about them. My wife's 4Runner has it's second set of Revo's on it. I think we got about 55K out of the first set. They do great in every condition on the road that's why I bought them again when she wore out the first set. Last time I bought them I think they were about $165 each.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
TACOBelAir
kmc5183 is on a distinguished road
kmc5183's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input.

Anyone run these while mudding?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc5183 View Post
Thanks for the input.

Anyone run these while mudding?
when i had my 06 with the revos...i didnt go "muddin" per say, but i went thru some pretty decent mud holes while i was off roading in the mountains, and they did just fine, as the cleaned out pretty well. they did really great the rest of what i ran too.....rock/sand,hard pack clay.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Which is cheaper?

I think they both hold their own in reputation. I've never had BFG A/T's but have run M/T's on my Jeep (not daily driven). Good quality stuff.
My husband had Revo's on his Grand Cherokee - again, good quality stuff.

If/when I need tires again, it'll be between these two choices and It'll probably come down to price.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i love my bfg mt's....a lil noisy, but they're worth it. definately great int he mud and offroad situations, but i've also never had any issues w/ them on the pavement either. they've got about 13k miles on them so far and are barely worn.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #10
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc5183 View Post
I am looking into new tires for my truck and have pretty much narrowed it down to either the BFG AT KO or the Bridgestone Dueler REVO AT.

I had BFG AT KOs on my last truck any liked them very much. Anyone have any thoughts on the Dueler REVOs??

Thanks,

Kevin
Ok this is what i do i sell tires have been for about 20 yrs
the revos will out perform the bfgs hands down
Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i love my bfg mt's....a lil noisy, but they're worth it. definately great int he mud and offroad situations, but i've also never had any issues w/ them on the pavement either. they've got about 13k miles on them so far and are barely worn.
On the contrary.... I've had M/T's on my 96 tacoma. On the highway in the rain - they got *skatey* and they absolutely suck on hard packed snow.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #12
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
Ok this is what i do i sell tires have been for about 20 yrs
the revos will out perform the bfgs hands down
How do the Nitto Terra Grapplers compare to the Revos?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:08 AM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
How do the Nitto Terra Grapplers compare to the Revos?
Iwas just looking at both tires and i have to say i dont like the thread
on the nitto but i dont have much feed back on it.
All the feed back that i have from our customers was that the revo
out performs the michelin ltx bfgs i have had one customer that
had them we did sell him the revos.
Feed back from him was the revos were the better tire in the snow
sorry so long to get back to u at work
Old 09-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #14
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Iwas just looking at both tires and i have to say i dont like the thread
on the nitto but i dont have much feed back on it.
All the feed back that i have from our customers was that the revo
out performs the michelin ltx bfgs i have had one customer that
had them we did sell him the revos.
Feed back from him was the revos were the better tire in the snow
sorry so long to get back to u at work
Is there something better than the revo's in an A/T tire for snow and ice?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Is there something better than the revo's in an A/T tire for snow and ice?
not that i know of
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #16

Quote:
not that i know of
Cool, thanks for the info.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info.
btw nice truck
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have the revo's awesome in all terrain no complaints cheaper tire than the bfg and to me worth the money.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I have the revo's awesome in all terrain no complaints cheaper tire than the bfg and to me worth the money.
how long have you had them
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #20

Quote:
btw nice truck
Thanks alot.