Notices

Help, may have made a bad choice

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
bigjerrrr is on a distinguished road
Name: Jerrrrr
bigjerrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Help, may have made a bad choice

Put a 2" Skyjacker level on my 07 Taco Friday and today installed a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATRs 265/75R16 on the stock rims. Anyone know if the Standard rims have a larger backspace than the TRDs. My buddys TRD came stock with 265s however I am only about 1/4" below the upper control arm on full left or right. Worried about hitting a deep rut on turn and blowing a tire or bending arm. Anyone know if I'm safe on the clearances? Any answers ASAP would be great as I had the tire installer check so hopefully I can return the tires if I catch issues soon enough.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
He has the 16 inch steelies..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
All of the 2nd gen tacoma wheels have 5.5" backspacing I believe. You shouldn't have any issues with that tire size.