Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Chrome TRD rims.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome TRD rims.

Have any of you guys seen chromed out trd rims? This is the first for me i snapped a couple of pics from my cell phone pics kind of suck, rims dont look to bad just not my cup of tea.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Have any of you guys seen chromed out trd rims? This is the first for me i snapped a couple of pics from my cell phone pics kind of suck, rims dont look to bad just not my cup of tea.

i have seen them on a few tacomas around town.....they are ok, but like you...not my cup of tea either.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think my truck has chrome ones but im to lazy to go outside to look. sorry lol
Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really like them in chrome.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
i think my truck has chrome ones but im to lazy to go outside to look. sorry lol

Are those chromed out? I can't tell in that picture.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the chromed OR rims match the pansy chrome bumper, grille, and badges....lol
Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the chromed OR rims match the pansy chrome bumper, grille, and badges....lol
yep....and if i had them...they be turning black real fast!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #9

I want to do all my chrome black. But I'm nervous.

Rims, too!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

Rims, too!
its all easy peasy man...some 3M emblem tape, paint, primer, and some sandpaper and ur all done for the whole job
Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #11

Quote:

Rims, too!
the emblems are cake man!!! send them to me...i'll do them for ya...free of charge. just pay shipping to and from bro!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
its all easy peasy man...some 3M emblem tape, paint, primer, and some sandpaper and ur all done for the whole job

I know it's probably a lot easier than it looks! I'm just not crafty at all and I wouldn't want to mess anything up!

I'm more concerned about the rims than the badges!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
the emblems are cake man!!! send them to me...i'll do them for ya...free of charge. just pay shipping to and from bro!!

Thanks man! I think I can do them though!

Getting them off and back on is the part that scares me!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #13

Quote:
I know it's probably a lot easier than it looks! I'm just not crafty at all and I wouldn't want to mess anything up!

I'm more concerned about the rims than the badges!

Thanks man! I think I can do them though!

Getting them off and back on is the part that scares me!
let the truck sit in the sun for a bit, then use fishing line behind them. they come off super easy. before you take them off....put some blue painters tape on top and bottom and a piece o the side so you can put them back exact.