Notices

Spare Tire is Steel Or Alloy????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Sherman is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherman
Sherman's Tacoma Gallery
Spare Tire is Steel Or Alloy????

Can someone tell me what my spare tire should be Steel or Alloy???...I have a 2010 Tacoma Prerunner 2WD 17" Alloy's...Recently in and accident body shop replace my rim & tire got it back 2 days later on my way to LA btw im coming from the bay area Tire pressure light keep coming on after 2 hour pull over had about 15lbs of air...got air in it same thing light on AGAIN have to get air 3 time before getting to LA took it to Toyota Dealer in LA couldn't find anything wrong next day going back home 1 hour later AGAIN light on at this point WTF is going on...Here we are somewhere on I5 F**k it let's replace it with the spare guest what it DON'T even fit different bolt pattern...I remember it was a Full Size 17" Alloy spare my uncle have the same truck I check his spare it is a Full Size 17" Alloy...Did the Body shop take my Full Size 17" Alloy put it in the front that needed to be replace due to accident charge the insurance company POCKET THE $$ and got a Steel wheel from junk and did't bother checking if it fits???...Sorry for the story just had to put it out!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If your spare wheel doesn't even mount on the hub - well, there's something's whacked about that.

But my spare is on a cheepo steelie rim that doesn't match the other four.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about 2010, but I had factory alloys on my 2007 and the spare was the same tire as the other 4 but mounted on a steel wheel.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Sherman's Tacoma Gallery
Even the Sale's person and the Service Manager told me when i get home to buy a cable or chain to lock my spare tire...Body shop can't prove to me where he got the replacement rim from "I forgot where i got it from"
Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Sherman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
If your spare wheel doesn't even mount on the hub - well, there's something's whacked about that.

But my spare is on a cheepo steelie rim that doesn't match the other four.
Tell me about it!...And what made it even worse i was so piss off I miss I5 and went on N99 did't even know till we got to Fresno