Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Wheel Size

View Poll Results: What Size should i go with?
17x9 w/ 4.75"bs 6 40.00%
17x8 w/ 4.5"bs 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
New Wheel Size

These are the wheels i'm looking into>

I know i want to stick with 17" to just transfer my current tires and keep the price down on future tire purchases. The question is they are available in 17x8 w/ 4.5"bs, 0 offset and 17x9 w/ 4.75"bs -6mm offset. What are everyones thoughts on which size to go with? 4.5"bs is the norm for our trucks right, will 4.75"bs make the wheels rub on the uca's like the stock rims/
Old 09-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just put these on mine. BS 4.75and -6mm offset in 17x9 with no rubbing ucla's
Attached Thumbnails
New Wheel Size-procomp.jpg  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
I just put these on mine. BS 4.75and -6mm offset in 17x9 with no rubbing ucla's
are you running 285/70/17 tires? did you have to do any trimming?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
are you running 285/70/17 tires? did you have to do any trimming?
Yes and the typical mud flap trimming.
Attached Thumbnails
New Wheel Size-inner-fender-2.jpg  
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Perfect info +1 thanks!! that just made my decision!
Glad it helped. I wanted to keep my mud flaps!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
Fuuaaaaaaa!!
tecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to alltecate12 is a name known to all

Name: Martin
tecate12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the wheels i'm looking into>

I know i want to stick with 17" to just transfer my current tires and keep the price down on future tire purchases. The question is they are available in 17x8 w/ 4.5"bs, 0 offset and 17x9 w/ 4.75"bs -6mm offset. What are everyones thoughts on which size to go with? 4.5"bs is the norm for our trucks right, will 4.75"bs make the wheels rub on the uca's like the stock rims/

SWEET! wat are they?