1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spline drive lug nuts work on stock rims?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by octacorunner, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    octacorunner

octacorunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB
    t|x pro rims, trd exhaust painted flat black, retrofit hids on oem smoked headlights, weathertech digifits, interior & exterior LEDs, console vault, 20% tint (need to install: eyelids, lower grillcraft, satoshi by homer)
    It may be a dumb question but it's one I don't know the answer to, and am hoping one of you out there does. I bought some trd "beadlock" rims off of a txpro Tacoma and it came with the spline drive lug nuts. Now if I get a flat and need to put my spare on, will I be able to use the spline drive lugs on that steel spare rim?

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    id save your original lugs and keep 4-8 in your glove box just in case...i dont know the answer 100% but im 90% sure the spline ones dont work on stock rims. I just got new rims and had to switch to spline and im betting i wouldnt have to if stock worked for the new ones

3. Mar 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM
    ontarioyota

ontarioyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    @scott777taco INSTAGRAM
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2001 Reg Cab 4x4
    Blacked out badges-rims OME lift with 881's & dakar pacs, summer tires=BFG 31x10.5x15 on 93 4runner rims,winter= 265 75 16 DURATRACS on stock steelies,Flowmaster exhaust, deck plate mod, ARB front bumper
    Good idea to have proper lugs for your spare handy!!...this would be overlooked by many including myself!

ibicycle2 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top