Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

06 tacoma hub torque

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
ToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ToyoTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
06 tacoma hub torque

can't seem to find a hub nut torque spec for a 06 tacoma 4x4. much help appreciated.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do you mean the drive axle nut?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's 175 foot pounds... let me double check.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok I was a little off... 173 ft/lbs

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...6ta/038002.pdf

handy website for all the PDFs of the manuals....
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/local...es/repair.html
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
ToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i assume drive nut, (sucks cv through back of bearing) and also the hub with the lugs on it, how does that come out of the bearing?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco06 View Post
i assume drive nut, (sucks cv through back of bearing) and also the hub with the lugs on it, how does that come out of the bearing?
Press.
Best bet is to take it somewhere and have them press the old ones out and new ones in. Unless you have a press and even then it sucks.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
I feel so Devo

The Febuary issue of Tacoma Magazine has a good write up about changing the wheel bearings to give you an idea of what to do and all...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...1-iss-1-a.html
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
i can't even get the bearing off without getting the f*ckin hub off first, nevermind a press to push it out! the 4 bolts loosen off but can't fully come out due to hub.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
I feel so Devo

Quote:
i can't even get the bearing off without getting the f*ckin hub off first, nevermind a press to push it out! the 4 bolts loosen off but can't fully come out due to hub.
you might have to use a bearing puller to get the hub/bearing assembly to pop off once you get the bolts loose.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
I feel so Devo

AND... here is another write up from over on the FJ cruiser forum to help you out...

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ring-pics.html
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #11
sorry i posted before i read that article, (my bad), bearings are off and in the shop getting hubs swapped over, thnx for the information very much appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
I feel so Devo

Quote:
sorry i posted before i read that article, (my bad), bearings are off and in the shop getting hubs swapped over, thnx for the information very much appreciate it.
I feel your pain man. I did them a few months ago and it's a motherf**ker.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
eyball is on a distinguished road

eyball's Tacoma Gallery
Toyotaco06, any tips on doing the bearing swap? I am getting ready to do both in my 05 4wd. Thanks!