Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to paint your rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold96taco View Post
good job! looks great! thinkin about doin mine black (got the exact same rims) gonna save me some $ instead of buyin black rims
Do it man!! I love these rims. Kinda got an old school look about em..and i dont see a lot of Tacos with em. Post pics of them black! i almost did them in black..but sliver went better with my truck haha
Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #22
gold96taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dillon
gold96taco's Tacoma Gallery
What grit sandpaper did u use? I think im gonna finally do it tomorrow
Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
great job wheels look good thanks for tbhe Write up hope to do mine at a later time but I want to do a two tone silver and black / black in red or something like that...
Old 07-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking I'd do the out lip on the wheel and the logo in the center cap
Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #28
RRFLEDRN is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
RRFLEDRN's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good and nice write-up, but after all that I definitely would have not put wheel weights on the outside of the rim.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #31
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't change a thing if it was alloys personally. Im not totally sure on the mineral sprits part. The paint should be pretty thin id think anyways..

And i would just go ahead and start with like 120 grit man. 300 will take WAY to long. But if you have the time then go for it. Id do 120 then maybe 300 after that and keep going down if your want it uber smooth. But that usually not a problem if you put enough coats of paint on.

i did 3 of paint and 3 or clear coat.

Again..rolling on the paint is gonna be a LOT more difficult to get a really smooth finish from on a wheel due to all the angles and small nooks and such. I still think you should just suck it up and get a can or black Duiplicolor wheel paint. Its like 10 bucks at an auto store. Only need one can of color and one of clear.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i also have alloys that i would like to paint black. If i go black would i be okay without.the tape and newspaper? I mean would it look crappy if i had a little black paint on my tires or would it eventually wear off?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Smear Vasaline on the tire around the rim. Overspray wipes off with a rag. It's how I did mine on my (now ex) Taco and about to do on my car.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #37
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Name: Kyle
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea vasaline works as does just using some cards. I would try and avoid over spray as much as possible. I won't look good on the tires at all.
I cant see any of ur originial pics from the write up

says it exceeds bandwith with to many views
Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #38
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect thing to do this weekend.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #40
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
clear coat on the plastic center caps turned milky tonight. sanded em off and redoing them tomorrow along with the other 2 rims. can't wait to see how these rims turn out.