Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to paint your rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #42
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks so much better with black rims.
will post pics here in a bit

before:

after:

Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #44
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
I love to paint my 2012 sr5 rims black, but i put on snowtires every fall and put the summers back on during the spring. Do you think the paint will hold up?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #46
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is an old post but i plasti-dipped my rims black... as soon as that starts to look like it needs a touch up im gonna peel it all off and paint my rims. this thread right here is a huge help! maybe a project for next spring!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #48
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plan on waking up early to do this before work at 8pm tomorrow!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #49
Eddie98 is on a distinguished road
Eddie98's Tacoma Gallery
not that is a big deal but what about the wheel weights when you get new tires, that part is going to be unpainted.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #50

so im going to wash them before i sand them.... but you do rinse them off at least after you sand them right? i mean it makes sense cuz then theres dust everywhere... i know it seems like a dumb question but i just wanna do it right...
Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
not that is a big deal but what about the wheel weights when you get new tires, that part is going to be unpainted.
and you can probably ask them to do the wheel weights that go inside of your rims instead of whacked on the lip. i mean as long as it still balances should make no difference... of course if you already have the outer wheel weights on and they take those off ur gonna have a mark of the old color =P
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #52
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
You can pop of the weights yourself just mark where they were with some tape. Other wise yes you'll have to do a touch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
so im going to wash them before i sand them.... but you do rinse them off at least after you sand them right? i mean it makes sense cuz then theres dust everywhere... i know it seems like a dumb question but i just wanna do it right...
Yes I would wash it or at least blow it off with compressed air

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
and you can probably ask them to do the wheel weights that go inside of your rims instead of whacked on the lip. i mean as long as it still balances should make no difference... of course if you already have the outer wheel weights on and they take those off ur gonna have a mark of the old color =P
Can count on that. Some rims with some wheels need both..
Old 10-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #53

Effing pissed... Started raining halfway through my first pair of wheels.... Weather wasn't calling for rain til tomorrow afternoon.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #55
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for future reference.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #56
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
Looks GD I want to paint my rims Matte Black.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #57
Dezrat is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Dezrat's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, i did something very similar. just painted em black not grey.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #59
SteveFaust is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SteveFaust's Tacoma Gallery
I realize an old thread, but appreciate the info. Thanks!