LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Firestone Destination M/T

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination M/T

I need new tires, definitely by the end of the year. I have already decided on size, (265/75/16), now I just need to decide on tire.

While browsing through Tirerack.com I noticed how cheap the Destination M/Ts are in comparison with BFG A/T and M/T. Then I realized they where the #1 rated max tration on tire rack in my size. For only $160 a tire, sounds like a deal. Anybody got any experiance with them?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have run the Destination LE's & AT's on a couple of vehicles and they have been great. Sometimes you can find a really good deal at a local Firestone Dealer too...nothing against tire rack at all. No experience with the MT's though
Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
05tacotrd hit up colvilletacoma @ toyota nation check out his build thread hes running those tires.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
05tacotrd hit up colvilletacoma @ toyota nation check out his build thread hes running those tires.
Done.

Anybody have anything they want to add?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I need new tires, definitely by the end of the year. I have already decided on size, (265/75/16), now I just need to decide on tire.

While browsing through Tirerack.com I noticed how cheap the Destination M/Ts are in comparison with BFG A/T and M/T. Then I realized they where the #1 rated max tration on tire rack in my size. For only $160 a tire, sounds like a deal. Anybody got any experiance with them?
try the b/s a/t revos
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #7

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Thats exactly what I needed to here!!! Thanks man.

Now I just gotta narrow it down between the Firestones or a set of MTRs.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
For firestone they really have a good tread and the tires do well on and offroad i seriously cant complain with my tires if you go with firestone you wont be disapointed.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
05bigbluetaco is on a distinguished road
05bigbluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I'm running them.. no problems. I run the sh1t out of them. They handle awesome on the dry pavement as well as wet. (Much better than the Rugged Trails... not saying much there though). Off Road they are great. I've had them in mud, rocks, sand, loose gravel, hard pack, water crossing.. all conditions they did great. I did get one chunking due to my skinny pedal abuse.. I don't fault the tire for that though. Proof that I do use mine

They air down nice too

How do these handle on the road? Corners? wear? etc...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #10
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I ran these tires on my dodge ram 3500 dually. Wore great, took my truck through the badlands, but sucked on road in snowy conditions.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 AM   #11
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery