Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

best place to buy procomp rims?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
whitetacomatruck will become famous soon enough

whitetacomatruck's Tacoma Gallery
best place to buy procomp rims?

ok guys my lift came in the mail today and i need your opinions on where to buy my rims!

i want the procomp SERIES 8069 and on performanceplustire.com it says those rims go on a FJ cruiser...that is the first i have heard of that ,they will fit my 07 DC long bed sport right? 16x8 rims

also where have you guys found the best price on rims?

thank you in advance, i appreciate your help!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Fj Cruiser rims fit our truck no problems so i wouldnt see why they wouldnt fit our trucks.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #5

ima check that website forsures. ok so then those rims should be on my truck soon!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the mojave's on the site and its the same part number but for some reason they have it listed as fjcruiser.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
same bolt pattern
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetacomatruck View Post
ok guys my lift came in the mail today and i need your opinions on where to buy my rims!

i want the procomp SERIES 8069 and on performanceplustire.com it says those rims go on a FJ cruiser...that is the first i have heard of that ,they will fit my 07 DC long bed sport right? 16x8 rims

I have the 8069 in 17x9's from 4wheelparts.com
Old 09-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #9

4wheelparts.com

i was on 4wheelparts.com and there are a few different 16x8 rim choices..
like offset, bolt pattern and back space. does anyone know the right numbers for our trucks!?!?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #10

sorry my options are

16x8, 5 on 6.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load= 3420lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 2mm
16x8, 5 on 135 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 5 on 150 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 5 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load = 2200lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = Yes
  • Offset = -11mm
16x8, 8 on 170 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load= 3420lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 2mm
16x8, 8 on 6.5 Bolt Pattern
  • Backspace 4 in.
  • Max Load= 3420lbs
  • Finish = Gloss Black
  • Hub Centric = No
  • Offset = 2mm
Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The 7th one down from the top is the one that fits however 4" BS will push the tires out of the fenders quite a bit and I'm not sure of the caliper clearance. I went with these: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Xt...n=PXA8069-7983
Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
The 7th one down from the top is the one that fits however 4" BS will push the tires out of the fenders quite a bit and I'm not sure of the caliper clearance. I went with these: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Xt...n=PXA8069-7983

sweet man ok. thank you

do you have a lift? any trimming invloved with those tires and rim combo?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sweet man ok. thank you

do you have a lift? any trimming invloved with those tires and rim combo?
Bilstein 5100 set at 2.5" on front and I trimmed my mud flaps cause I wanted to keep them. A lot of guys take em off.
Attached Thumbnails
best place to buy procomp rims?-inner-fender-2.jpg  
Old 09-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #14
RiceRocket is on a distinguished road

Air Force: C-17
RiceRocket's Tacoma Gallery
post pics
Old 09-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #15
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
6 on 5.5 4.5 backspace and 0 offset
here are my rims procomp 6001

Here are some pics of what I cut.
Front plastic was cut so I zip tied it back to make sure it wouldn't rub. I cut with a razor knife.

Here is a shot of the square nubs in front of the tires, also cut with razor knife.

Where I trimmed slightly after removing the front mud flaps.

I would consider cutting the mud flaps instead of removing. I now have quite a few paint chips.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #16
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
6 on 5.5 4.5 backspace and 0 offset
here are my rims procomp 6001

Here are some pics of what I cut.
Front plastic was cut so I zip tied it back to make sure it wouldn't rub. I cut with a razor knife.

Here is a shot of the square nubs in front of the tires, also cut with razor knife.

Where I trimmed slightly after removing the front mud flaps.

I would consider cutting the mud flaps instead of removing. I now have quite a few paint chips.
I got lucky and didn't have to trim the front plastics at all, just the mud flaps.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 AM   #18
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Are your tires the AT's also? I noticed they at the same size and company. If it is the same tire does it come close? I am just curious the only other differences I notice are the years and I have the Belstien shocks with 884 coils, and you have the 5100s.
Exact tires as you and yes very close but I also have 4.75 BS. thay may have something to do with it. How much lift did the 884's give you and how's the ride?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
bvalistic will become famous soon enough

bvalistic's Tacoma Gallery
wheel

Quote:

i get my wheels at the same place...just make sure you use the price on the site or else it will be different and ask for Manny
16x8 is $104...

http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...227#prodAnchor