Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

fuel Hostage 17x9 5" backspace

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
fuel Hostage 17x9 5" backspace

Hey - I just installed 17x9 Fuel Hostage Wheels with 285/70/17 Duratracs. The wheels have 0 offset (5" backspace). Just wanted to let people know that this wheel combo works well. There is no rubbing at all on the UCA with the 5" backspace. There is a lot of talk about them not working but do for me. I'm sure a 295 tire may be cutting it close though. I don't ever plan on going that big. Also, the Duratracs are about 1/2" taller than the TG I had on there. I now have a little rubbing on the body mount. That will be chopped next week!

I hope this helps someone searching for 0 offset 9" wide wheels. Most of the searching comes up with ... they will not work... not true in my case. I only found one thread that says otherwise.

Pap
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Sikk wheels man.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
about how far are the tires sticking out??
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you maser!

Joben7726 - They stick out past the rear fender flare by about 2". They seem to stick out the exact amount my stock wheels and TG's stuck out with 1 1/4" spacers on them.

Pap
Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAP View Post
Thank you maser!

Joben7726 - They stick out past the rear fender flare by about 2". They seem to stick out the exact amount my stock wheels and TG's stuck out with 1 1/4" spacers on them.

Pap

Roger.

Gracias. looks good BTW...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. Really like that wheel/tire combo and your bumper!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, same kind of set up I'm looking at. If you had your stock front bumper, you think you would have rubbed the crap out of it?
The only thing holding me back from getting the wheels I want is the "Body/Cab mount chop"
Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Looks really nice! So with a 5in BS, the 285's still stick out that far?? Can we get pics of that?

thanks for this thread....good info to have to clear things up a little
Old 04-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #10
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawick View Post
Looks good, same kind of set up I'm looking at. If you had your stock front bumper, you think you would have rubbed the crap out of it?
The only thing holding me back from getting the wheels I want is the "Body/Cab mount chop"
I am not 100% but, I don't think the front of the wheel well would be as much as an issue as the back of the fender well. A little more clearance up front.

My body mount certainly needs to be chopped. I wouldn't let that scare you.

Pap
Old 04-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkturbo! View Post
Looks really nice! So with a 5in BS, the 285's still stick out that far?? Can we get pics of that?

thanks for this thread....good info to have to clear things up a little
Thanks. Yea, they stick out a good amount. Heres a pic I just took.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not 100% but, I don't think the front of the wheel well would be as much as an issue as the back of the fender well. A little more clearance up front.

My body mount certainly needs to be chopped. I wouldn't let that scare you.

Pap
Do you only rub when taking her off road, or under normal driving?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #13
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that rear pic!!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawick View Post
Do you only rub when taking her off road, or under normal driving?
They rub off road and very seldom on road. When wheel is full lock and going over a bump.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
more pictures please
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They rub off road and very seldom on road. When wheel is full lock and going over a bump.
Cool, I guess it cant be that terrible to trim the mount. Pics after you have her chopped would be excellent! Thanks again for the info