Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pro Comp 7089, 7289 16x8

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 7089, 7289 16x8

Anyone give me a for sure if these would fit a 2007 double cab trd off road. I've been going round and round with these for awhile. Some have them on their truck, some say they don't fit. I guess my last option would be to order one and do a test fit, because I don't want to run spacers.

This is the part number
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
7089's fit fine on my truck.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Whats size do you have mjp2 because i have been hearing the 16's will not fit only 17's
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
16's.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you do any kind of modifications?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i heard theres a tiny bit of rubbing with those wheels if at stock height
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #7

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Did you do any kind of modifications?
Nope. I'm completely stock.

I do have aftermarket upper control arms.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
i heard theres a tiny bit of rubbing with those wheels if at stock height
On the caliper?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #9

Why can't buying wheels be easy? I've changed my mind about a thousand times.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wheel base i i think
Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Thats why i have question it because of the caliper, but you have different uca's so that has something to do with that.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Thats why i have question it because of the caliper, but you have different uca's so that has something to do with that.

true. i remember reading someone over at TN that got the 17s 7089 with the 265/70/17 toyos and he had some rubbing
Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Thats funny i thought 17's would clear not 16's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
true. i remember reading someone over at TN that got the 17s 7089 with the 265/70/17 toyos and he had some rubbing
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

maybe its cuz he got the 17x9 instead of the 17x8 ???
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com

ok just got off the phone with 4 wheel parts and they said they put them on a 2005 tacoma 16's PXA7089-6883 so you should have no prob and if you do go in test fit them to just double check be on the safe side.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
Tuned By Gadget

i didnt even know they made 16s for the 7089

edit: i just checked and they do have the 16s, my bad
Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #17

Quote:
ok just got off the phone with 4 wheel parts and they said they put them on a 2005 tacoma 16's PXA7089-6883 so you should have no prob and if you do go in test fit them to just double check be on the safe side.
Thanks for checking on the socalman. Did you call your local 4wheel? It seems that everyone I talk to through their website always says no 16's will fit tacomas.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com

No prob Man! I called my local 4 wheel parts and they put them on, so the guys on the phone just probably havent put the rims on the truck.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #19
Jay_bruce is on a distinguished road
Jay_bruce's Tacoma Gallery
Been think about Pro Comps also, do we need the rims to be Hub Centric?

Jay
Old 09-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #20
Founder Socaltacomas.com

On the site it says no as long as they fit.