Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Stock Tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Tires?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what your opinions are on the tires that come with the Tacoma, and how well they preform in the rain? I live in Vancouver, BC where it rains throughout the winter... and spring... and fall, and since smashing up my Neon last weekend because I was cheap and put the cheapest tires I could find, I'd like to avoid that when the new Taco arrives in a few weeks.

Thanks for the input,
Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my firestone touring LE tires have not really given me any trouble. they are pretty desent in rain weather as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
If you have the Dunslops, time for new tires.
+1
I couldn't give mine away on craigslist. If your new one comes with the Dunlops, try to set up a swap at a tire place.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Seriously. I tried to sell them on Craigslist for $50. Nobody wanted them so they sit in my garage. At least I have backups or maybe I'll make a swing set.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, which ones you have? Dunlops are found on most, but some TRD Sports have Bridgestone Dueler H/T's. I'd rate them just ok in light rain, but sometimes hydroplane when it gets heavy. Have to run snow tires in winter. I'll be replacing them soon at around 25K on them.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #7
KS National Guard
S_A_Aceman is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60 Medivac Crewchief
S_A_Aceman's Tacoma Gallery
I have Bridgestone Dueler H/T's on my '06 DBC TRD and I love them, granted I havent had any other tires on the truck. But I have almost 40000 miles on them and there about 2/3 worn. They hold incredably well when its dry (45 MPH corners are handled at 75 without a chirp) and they have never broken loose in the rain (same corner this morning at 60). I would put them back on, but want to go a little bigger when I replace them and havent looked at availability.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD off-road tire are much better - BFG Rugged Trails.
Fortunatly I was able to sell the rims and tires for $500 on Craigslist and that was after 10,000 miles.

As the tires, hated them. You are lucky to get 30,000 out of them. Poor traction in the snow, decent in the rain, mud - forget it.

I just saw the average rating on the tires in tire rack, average rating for those that would buy again, 4.6 out of 10
Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
is thet BFG that bad??? I got the rugged trail,, is ok, I heard the BFG all-terrain and bridgestone Duelle Revo, is really good!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #10
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I had the Rugged Fails on mine. Decent on dry pavement, deep snow, and mild offroading. Completely worthless in light snow. Tread packed full, didn't clean out, and just skated over the snow covering the road. Had them on about 8k and swapped them out as soon as the new tires showed up.

Edit:
And by "decent" I mean I didn't get stuck in 4WD in the deep snow and mild offroading (hard packed ATV/logging trails).