Notices

Looking for help with tire size and rims on an 09

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
jdecell is on a distinguished road
jdecell's Tacoma Gallery
Post Looking for help with tire size and rims on an 09

hey,

I just bought an 09 Tacoma and i was told that i could not put 15'' rims on an 09 because of the way the frount brakes are. I have a new set of 31x10.5 R15LT and I was going to get 15'' rims. there are 16'' on there now. Any thought???
Old 09-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecell View Post
hey,

I just bought an 09 Tacoma and i was told that i could not put 15'' rims on an 09 because of the way the frount brakes are. I have a new set of 31x10.5 R15LT and I was going to get 15'' rims. there are 16'' on there now. Any thought???
try wheelers.com!! they have 15 inch wheels that look good, but you will need a spacer for the fronts ,or grind on the caliper a bit to get them to fit.

if you want to......pm toy4life.....he has some 15 inch cragars.....see what he has to say.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think any 05+ 6 lug will be able to run 15's...some people have to grind the calipers to get 16's to fit
Old 09-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
^^^X2.....on the 1st gen trucks, 15"s are possible if you find the right ones, grind, or use spacers. The 2nd gens require the same for 16" wheels. I think you're SOL with those tires.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i dont think any 05+ 6 lug will be able to run 15's...some people have to grind the calipers to get 16's to fit
scroll down........and see where it shows the wheel info. you can use those 15's, but you gotta grind the calipers for the 05.........or just call Jason Perry and get the info from him.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
scroll down........and see where it shows the wheel info. You can use those 15's, but you gotta grind the calipers for the 05.........or just call jason perry and get the info from him.
*note: Our 15" wheels are designed so they will fit on a 95-04 16" factory equipped tacoma! Now you can run 15" tires on your 16" equipped tacoma. We've heard of a rare factory option in 2004 called "vsc"- if your 2004 tacoma has this option you need to stay with 16" wheels or bigger
Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #7

Quote:
*note: Our 15" wheels are designed so they will fit on a 95-04 16" factory equipped tacoma! Now you can run 15" tires on your 16" equipped tacoma. We've heard of a rare factory option in 2004 called "vsc"- if your 2004 tacoma has this option you need to stay with 16" wheels or bigger
yes but.............

Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

Black Alloy and Polished Alloy Wheels and Accessories for Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner

These are heavy-duty 15" x 8" and 16" x 8" polished or gloss black powder-coated aluminum wheels for Tacoma vehicles. The hub mounting surface on the back of the wheel is left uncoated to assure a precision fit. The polished wheels have a high gloss natural aluminum finish. The backspacing on the 16" wheels is set to 4" and the backspacing on the 15" wheels is 3.75". These will fit stock width tires as well as 12.5" wide tires without upper a-arm to tire interference. They also clear the brake calipers which has been an issue with replacement wheels on these trucks. The manufacturer of the wheels is Pro-Comp. We have chrome and black lug nuts, chrome and black lug locks and chrome or black wheel caps listed below for these wheels. The wheels have a ship weight of approx 24lbs/ea. The 15" wheels are ONLY for 95-04 Tacoma's. We have found that the 16" wheels do not fit 2005+ Tacoma's (because of very slight contact on some of the front brake calipers, which a lot of customers are simply remedying and then running these on their 05+ Tacoma's) or 2003-current 4Runner's with Sport Package.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
ah, it aint no biggie man....im just throwing the possibility out there.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #10

Quote:
yes but.............
The 15" wheels are ONLY for 95-04 Tacoma's. We have found that the 16" wheels do not fit 2005+ Tacoma's (because of very slight contact on some of the front brake calipers, which a lot of customers are simply remedying and then running these on their 05+ Tacoma's) or 2003-current 4Runner's with Sport Package.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
ah, it aint no biggie man....im just throwing the possibility out there.
I know your intentions are good Will, I just don't think 15"s will work at all, especially considering he would have to grind the calipers for the 16" wheels.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #12

Quote:
yes but.............

Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

Black Alloy and Polished Alloy Wheels and Accessories for Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner

These are heavy-duty 15" x 8" and 16" x 8" polished or gloss black powder-coated aluminum wheels for Tacoma vehicles. The hub mounting surface on the back of the wheel is left uncoated to assure a precision fit. The polished wheels have a high gloss natural aluminum finish. The backspacing on the 16" wheels is set to 4" and the backspacing on the 15" wheels is 3.75". These will fit stock width tires as well as 12.5" wide tires without upper a-arm to tire interference. They also clear the brake calipers which has been an issue with replacement wheels on these trucks. The manufacturer of the wheels is Pro-Comp. We have chrome and black lug nuts, chrome and black lug locks and chrome or black wheel caps listed below for these wheels. The wheels have a ship weight of approx 24lbs/ea. The 15" wheels are ONLY for 95-04 Tacoma's. We have found that the 16" wheels do not fit 2005+ Tacoma's (because of very slight contact on some of the front brake calipers, which a lot of customers are simply remedying and then running these on their 05+ Tacoma's) or 2003-current 4Runner's with Sport Package.
thats for the alloy's....not the steelies
Old 09-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I know your intentions are good Will, I just don't think 15"s will work at all, especially considering he would have to grind the calipers for the 16" wheels.
ah shit.....i feel like an ass.......i was totally not looking at what they were saying about the 15 inchers!!

nevermind hodgey.....you are correct sir!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #14

Quote:
thats for the alloy's....not the steelies
see my other post.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecell View Post
hey,

since its looking like 15 inch wheels wont fit....you gonna sell the tires?? how much you want for them?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #16

Quote:
since its looking like 15 inch wheels wont fit....you gonna sell the tires?? how much you want for them?
yeah...convenient that they wont fit now that u wanna buy them....lol
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #17

Quote:
rofl!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #18

Quote:
hmmmmm.....ulterior motives!!