LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire Size Help!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Size Help!!!

I have 05 tacoma with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's (set at .85") combined is 2.45" of front lift and rear AAL with bilsteins. Im deciding what size tire to run next, i have 265/70/17 now, but cant decide if i should run either:

^ LT285/70R17 which measures 32.8 Inches

OR

^ LT275/70R17 which measures 32.4

If you are running this lift set up, what size are you running?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
go 285, way more common size and easier to find replacements if needed.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
if you run the 285s youll have to buy new rims. The most affordable way to go is 275s and you can get bfg ats in this size so what else matters?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
if you run the 285s youll have to buy new rims. The most affordable way to go is 275s and you can get bfg ats in this size so what else matters?
wait, do you mean you have to change stock wheels if you go with 285's, bc i already have after market?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
i'm about to have the same set up and was wondering this also. will the 275s mean you dont need wheel spacers and wont rub the UCAs like the 285s would? thanks.
i think it all depends on the BS of you wheels
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
yea i have the stock TRD Sport wheels so i know for 285s i'd need spacers to avoid rubbing the UCAs but i wasnt sure for the 275s
yeah, i have 265/70/17 now 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS, and i put on spider trax wheel spacers, i rub the fender flares bc im out too far, so i know with 285's and the spacers id rub terribly, but with just 285's i believe i would be fine! i think im going to run the 275 just to be safe though?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
ah forgot about 2nd gens needing that.

If your aftermarket wheels are 4.5" backspacing or less you should be good.