Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Help with wheel specs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
whiteboytoy05 is on a distinguished road
whiteboytoy05's Tacoma Gallery
Help with wheel specs

I am looking into getting a set of Dick cepek DC 2 wheels for my 05 double cab, I am planning on putting the ULK by toytec on my truck and lift it to three inches. I am wanting to get 18X9. What would be the best backspacing and off set to get? I would like to stay away from having to do a cab chop and getting new UCA's to allow for bigger tires. I would also like the tires to stick out a little past the fender flares to get the aggressive look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
JeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to all

JeenyusSB's Tacoma Gallery
At 3 inches, you may need to get new uca's to align it correctly. I have Bilstien 5100 set at 2.5". Im getting 4.5" backspaced wheels with 285's. You will not need to get new ucas most likely and it will save you a lot of money. This will get you the look you want.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytoy05 View Post
I am looking into getting a set of Dick cepek DC 2 wheels for my 05 double cab, I am planning on putting the ULK by toytec on my truck and lift it to three inches. I am wanting to get 18X9. What would be the best backspacing and off set to get? I would like to stay away from having to do a cab chop and getting new UCA's to allow for bigger tires. I would also like the tires to stick out a little past the fender flares to get the aggressive look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The UCA's would be for alignment issues, not clearance issues.

4.5" backspacing and 285/65/18's will give you the least chance of having to chop the cab mount...but you still might have to..
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The UCA's would be for alignment issues, not clearance issues.

4.5" backspacing and 285/65/18's will give you the least chance of having to chop the cab mount...but you still might have to..

X2 if you stay on the pavement you should be fine as long as you don't hit big bumps at full lock but you won't know until you install them.