Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Recommended tire pressure

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended tire pressure

I just got some Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos for my DC Taco.

LT265/75-16

What would you guys run them at? Max pressure on the sidewall says 50psi; I've got them at 40psi right now. However my P rated Rugged Trails were set at 40psi also for gas milage. I don't remember the max PSI on the sidewall of the Rugged Trails but it was fairly close to what the numbers are on the LT Revos. I was under the impression that LT rated tires were to be run at higher pressures.
Any tips?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thats how I do mine then I write the pressure on a pad I have in the console. Note that if you haul you will have to increase the psi. The pressure is based on weight, the front of my truck is 3 psi higher than the rear.
X2!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
09silvertaco is on a distinguished road
09silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running my revos at 36 psi...the tire place recommended 40 psi as well, but i didn't want the ride of a load E tire. btw, max cold psi on these is 44 psi i believe...thats standard load. light truck loads are prob a bit higher, maybe in the realm of 55-60 psi.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
when i had my duelers on my 06 access cab, i usually ran my fronts at 32/33, and my rears at 30/31......rode pretty good,and mileage was still decent.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
when i had my duelers on my 06 access cab, i usually ran my fronts at 32/33, and my rears at 30/31......rode pretty good,and mileage was still decent.
Was that with the LT rated tires or the P rated?

Also, the front passenger tire is leaking air somehow. The only harsh thing I've done was drive that tire into a deep pothole at slow speed in the parking lot (didn't see it; was checking out the chicky snax on campus).

Could that have made the tire leak air? If so, how?

I'm deciding whether or not to go to Discount Tire to get a a few Free Replacement Certificates for $28 each and come back in a few weeks to replace it or if I should just be honest outright and tell them I drove into a deep pothole and see what they can do.

Pisses me off as the tires are only a week and a half old.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
Was that with the LT rated tires or the P rated?

Also, the front passenger tire is leaking air somehow. The only harsh thing I've done was drive that tire into a deep pothole at slow speed in the parking lot (didn't see it; was checking out the chicky snax on campus).

Could that have made the tire leak air? If so, how?

I'm deciding whether or not to go to Discount Tire to get a a few Free Replacement Certificates for $28 each and come back in a few weeks to replace it or if I should just be honest outright and tell them I drove into a deep pothole and see what they can do.

Pisses me off as the tires are only a week and a half old.
the tires i had were the p-rated. you should probably run a bit more air in the lt tires as long as its comfortable to you and the tire wears even.
as for the tire leaking, its possible that the pot hole could have done it, it could have pushed the bead off the rim a bit.....not likely, but it can happen,, but it could also be the valve stem(they can go bad once in a while), and if you have checked and there is nothing stuck in the tire, take the truck back and make the tire place check it.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
uuc328 is on a distinguished road

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
mine came filled with N2 and are all at 34 psi.
seems a little low to me but i dont know where to get more nitrogen.
appreciate the link
Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Question along the same line, the tag on the drivers door jam has pressures for 15 inch tires, my prerunner has 16 inchers on it, and they're not what the factory put on it. Tires say "max 44PSI" but I think that's a tad high for the somewhat light 1st gen tacos. Been guessing so far, putting 38 in the front and 36 in the rear. Seems to be OK, guess time will tell for wear.