Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Just ordered wheels tires...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
skybob has a spectacular aura aboutskybob has a spectacular aura about
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered wheels tires... 18s ultra barons PICCSSS

Well I just ordered my wheels/tires for my yota. I did the Ultra Baron 18x9, had to pull them out of GA, and I went with the 285/65/18 Toyo A/Ts. It set me back 1630.00 with lugnuts, shipping, and mount/balance.

PICS

Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
SWEEEEEET!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I will never buy another Ultra rim.. Had 20" Chrome on my old vehicle and they chipped like crazy and FAST... Was cleaning them at least once a week and they were chipping within the first month.. nope wont do it, you can't make me.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set for 2 years with no problems, what model were yours?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
harley70 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
harley70's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires did you go with and what are the spec's on the wheel? Do you have any suspension mods? I am looking in to put some black 18" on my 2011 Toy with a nice rugged looking tire. But I do not want to have to lift my truck. That is a good looking wheels.

I am looking at getting
http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_deta...brand=1&id=178
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
I went with a 285/65/18 toyo a/t, and I did the 18x9 with -12 offset with 4.5" backspacing. That's what it seems like everyone on here says to run. I have this lift kit

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...50fd142fda.jpg

Also if you go to tirerack.com you can see the goliath on your truck! That's how I picked out my wheels, I went through about every damn wheel, narrowed down to a few, then used google as well to view them on trucks. It's hard to pick wheels! If you are not doing a lift, I'd suggest a 17" wheel and just search on this forum to see what you can find size wise, it helped me a lot. I went with the toyo because 90% of my driving is on road, but they still have a decent look to them. Just my .02
Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
harley70 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
harley70's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for replying. Do you have a picture of your truck with lift and wheels? Did you put the lift in yourself or had it put in? If had it put in what was a ballpark price? I just want to know how much I need to plan to spend. Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
Got these on today, pics in the original post. I love them! I think they look bad ass, and I haven't seen anyone around running the same wheels either. I need to do some light trimming on the bottom of the front fender, and maybe pull off the flaps, but they fit overall very well. Thanks to the search button on tw to figure out the right offset/backspacing!