Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Installed my Dynapros and OEM alloys - Pics

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Dynapros and OEM alloys - Pics

So I got my 265/75R16 Hankook Dynapros installed last week, along with the offroad alloys. Not a drastic difference, but I love the look. They fill out the wells much better and I'm looking forward to snow this winter.

Before: Dunlop AT20s and steel wheels

After:

And here's the chamber with the sensors in it. Currently waiting overnight to fill tomorrow. It's "take two" - I didn't use primer on the first chamber and it leaked. Pain in the butt to hack open the PVC caps to get to the sensors. I'm crosing my fingers to see if I can finally get this finished tomorrow morning.

I think front tint to match the rear windows is next! And I'm still trying to decide if I should paint the alloys black.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air chamber holds air and the light is off. Win!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Air chamber holds air and the light is off. Win!
Sweet! Truck looks good!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
Diffintely paint rims black, first use plastic dip so you can see it and if don't likey take it off. And do the tint, she look like a whole different truck.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

Shopped in tint, and a dark graphite option and a black option for the wheels. Can't decide, but I'm leaning toward black. Graphite looks too much like brake dust. Anyone have any input on wheel color?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
cobia23 will become famous soon enoughcobia23 will become famous soon enough
cobia23's Tacoma Gallery
They both look good, but I like the graphite I actually just ordered a quart of paint and will paint mine graphite as soon as there back from the blaster. Will look good either way.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Ah so , Dynapro ATM's

I have the MT's , nice tire
Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you go with the P tires or LT tires?

I had P's but really didn't like the soft sidewalls. I'm now thinking about LT's but they cost so damn much more.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
Did you go with the P tires or LT tires?

I had P's but really didn't like the soft sidewalls. I'm now thinking about LT's but they cost so damn much more.
P's at $130 each. If I were to go LT I probably would have gone with C-rated Duratracs (Around $190 each) over E-reted Dynapros (Around $170 each), which was my only other Dynapro AT option at DTD.

I agree on the sidewalls but I don't think people realize these tires have a higher max pressure than, say, the Dunlop AT20s, and the're designed to run at a higher pressure, which takes out a lot of the sidewall flex. After driving on them, I think 36 is about right for the highway and stepping up to 38 psi is not out of the question, at least for a DC 4x4.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shopped in tint, and a dark graphite option and a black option for the wheels. Can't decide, but I'm leaning toward black. Graphite looks too much like brake dust. Anyone have any input on wheel color?

Black (matte black)imo, the gray looks like you failed at painting them black.
Looks good in the photoshoped pics, go for it.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
RichTaco is on a distinguished road
RichTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I am doing the same - replacing the OEM steel wheels with OEM alloys. Is it definite that the sensor from the steels does not fit the alloys? My dealer says that they might, but that they won't know until they try it. I would think that the dealer should actually know something like this.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTaco View Post
Looks great! I am doing the same - replacing the OEM steel wheels with OEM alloys. Is it definite that the sensor from the steels does not fit the alloys? My dealer says that they might, but that they won't know until they try it. I would think that the dealer should actually know something like this.
I've heard you can flip them or something but that it increases the chances for breakage when you're mounting/replacing a tire? I just decided to play it safe and take them out. They definitely don't fit like they're supposed to, and I doubt the dealer would jury-rig something for you but maybe???
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #14
I guess that's mostly what I was wondering - so the steel sensors definitely don't fit the alloys correctly then?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTaco View Post
I guess that's mostly what I was wondering - so the steel sensors definitely don't fit the alloys correctly then?
Definitely not.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
Quote:
Definitely not.
Thank you for straightening me out on this - I appreciate it!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #17
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
Man those Dynapro's are nice! Mine are being shipped from Dallas getting them installed this week! Like your truck buddy and I would go Graphite on the OEM's