Notices

can you easily diable the TPMS light

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
brianbmw is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
brianbmw's Tacoma Gallery
can you easily diable the TPMS light

If i get new wheels is there an easy way to diasble the TPMS light?

Brian
Old 04-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
your new wheels should accomadate TPMS
Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Make a pressure vessel using 4" PVC and sealed ends with a valve stem, put your old TPMS sensors in there, and inflate to proper tire pressure and reset the light. Keep this in the truck or use a metal tie to attach it to the frame under the truck or in the bed. It will keep the light off on the dash and you'll still have the sensors if you ever decide to use them.

You can also use a wheel barrel tire for this.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Better to be a Smart Ass than a Dumb Ass
1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: That Guy
1Biggerwoody's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga you have any pictures of this set up?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Search is your friend. There are a number of ways to turn off the idiot light including cutting power to the TMPS computer, or removing the LED from the display.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
I disconnected my light , instead of installing a wheel under the rear or taping over the light. Search "Disabled my TPMS on my 2008" ,I have pics and instructions.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Biggerwoody View Post
Pugga you have any pictures of this set up?
I do not, I didn't do it and still have all the sensors in my wheels. There was a write up a long time ago but I couldn't find it! You basically buy a short 4" or 6" PVC piece, 2 end caps and a standard tire fill valve. Drill one of the end caps for the valve, place the 4 sensors inside the PVC pipe, seal up both ends and put some air in the system. Then you reset the TPMS to that pressure and as long as it's in the truck, the light will stay off. You can do this with a wheel barrel tire also, just break the tire off the rim, put the sensors in the tire, remount and fill it up.

Another option is wheel straps. They strap the sensors to the center of the wheel and allow you to use standard valves to fill the tires. It's basically a big hose clamp that holes the sensor to the wheel. This allows the sensors to remain functional in the aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have my tires in the back yard and as long as the tires are near by it wont trip the light. if the light comes on just be sure ur near the tires when it blinks and searches for them again. i had my sensors off for 6 months now
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Señor Member
AC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC13JohnG's Tacoma Gallery
Just turn the sensor 180 when installing them on the new wheels. The only thing you have to be careful about is when installing new tires you'll have to drop the sensors into the tire before breaking the bead.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
brianbmw is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
brianbmw's Tacoma Gallery
I know they will go in my new wheels. I'm just thinking my stock take offs will be worth more if i leave the TPMS in them. I ride motorcycles so i'm used to checking my tire pressure often and don't really se any point in having the monitors in my new wheels.

Brian