Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

lug nut q

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
crazyjeys is on a distinguished road

crazyjeys's Tacoma Gallery
lug nut q

replaced my wheels and tires with procomp alloys a couple of months ago. i would say about 8 months ago. after some balancing and brake pad changes, now i have a total of 3 lug nuts that seized. all of them from the front wheels. i'm using gorilla lug nuts. i'm thinking, is this because of the lug nuts? or is there something going on that i'm not aware of.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i put a lil anti seize on mine as i am on the beach and snow and mud at all times....
Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeys View Post
replaced my wheels and tires with procomp alloys a couple of months ago. i would say about 8 months ago. after some balancing and brake pad changes, now i have a total of 3 lug nuts that seized. all of them from the front wheels. i'm using gorilla lug nuts. i'm thinking, is this because of the lug nuts? or is there something going on that i'm not aware of.

They were probably over torqued.