1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Give me a little help and advice.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Stopko, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    Stopko

Stopko [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Homestead iowa
    Vehicle:
    O7 TRD off road Tacoma
    Rpm hood struts, vent visors,hood protector, weather tech floor mats, clarion NAV/DVD, Sat radio, 10” clarion Sub, Two 500 watt MB Quarts Amps, 2 sets of alpine component speakers, k&n filter, smitty built light bar, 2 6” kc day lighters, 2 8” pro-comp Lights, 3 inch spacer lift, AAL in Rear, Paint matched grill, MB Torque 16X8 Wheels, 285/75/16 BF Goodirch AT KO's, 35% tint all around. Ton no pro bed cover, Flow master dual exhaust, Blacked out emblems, Stubby antenna, Scan gauge Green Stuff brake pads.
    OK Don't bash me too much, but I'm really new to this tire/wheel stuff.
    (and yes I tried the search button)
    Anyway im looking for wheels for my 07 Tacoma Db Cab.
    I want the tires to stick out just a little past the stock fenders, for that "cool"
    Look........lol

I would like to go with a 275/70/16 tire and a 16X8 wheel. Im afraid 285's wont fit, but I do have a 3" spacer/ leveling kit installed.
    Here's the question......How do I know what the offset has got to be in order to get the look I want? And how Do I check to make sure the new wheel will work with my calipers? Isnt offset and backspace the same?

Any help would be great!
    Thanks guys

2. Apr 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
  3. Apr 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Offset is how far the rim mounting point is from the centerline of the rim. Backspacing is how far the rim mounting point is from the back lip of the wheel. If you find wheels with 4.5" backspacing you can fit the 285's with a little trimming.

Products Discussed in

To Top