Give me a little help and advice.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Stopko is on a distinguished road

Army: 209th Med. Co. (clr)
Name: Kevin
Stopko's Tacoma Gallery
Give me a little help and advice.

OK Don't bash me too much, but I'm really new to this tire/wheel stuff.
(and yes I tried the search button)
Anyway im looking for wheels for my 07 Tacoma Db Cab.
I want the tires to stick out just a little past the stock fenders, for that "cool"
Look........lol

I would like to go with a 275/70/16 tire and a 16X8 wheel. Im afraid 285's wont fit, but I do have a 3" spacer/ leveling kit installed.
Here's the question......How do I know what the offset has got to be in order to get the look I want? And how Do I check to make sure the new wheel will work with my calipers? Isnt offset and backspace the same?

Any help would be great!
Thanks guys
Old 04-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...fset-info.html this should help you with the offset and backspace info you need. the others will have to help ya on tire size etc.......good luck
Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopko View Post
OK Don't bash me too much, but I'm really new to this tire/wheel stuff.
(and yes I tried the search button)
Anyway im looking for wheels for my 07 Tacoma Db Cab.
I want the tires to stick out just a little past the stock fenders, for that "cool"
Look........lol

I would like to go with a 275/70/16 tire and a 16X8 wheel. Im afraid 285's wont fit, but I do have a 3" spacer/ leveling kit installed.
Here's the question......How do I know what the offset has got to be in order to get the look I want? And how Do I check to make sure the new wheel will work with my calipers? Isnt offset and backspace the same?

Any help would be great!
Thanks guys
Offset is how far the rim mounting point is from the centerline of the rim. Backspacing is how far the rim mounting point is from the back lip of the wheel. If you find wheels with 4.5" backspacing you can fit the 285's with a little trimming.