Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Backspacing

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
Backspacing

Will 5" backspacing wheels fit on the 05+ Tacoma. Looking to buy some used rims and want to know if these fita
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
5"bs will fit but depending on the tire size ur gonna run if there will be any rubbing issues.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
planning on running 315/70/17
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitang View Post
planning on running 315/70/17
Wow good luck with that. Most people have to trim a bunch of plastic and also chop their cab mounts just to fit 285's.

There's no way 315's will clear the uca's with 5" backspacing.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
if u run spacers they could work, but will run into rubbing issues at full lock cuz of the tire sticking out. i once had a 4.75bs rim with 305's no rubbing but i have a 6" lift
Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
He says his truck it LT'd out so they should work guys.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
He says his truck it LT'd out so they should work guys.
Ah....he did not mention that....

I have no clue what does/does not work on LT's.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Ah....he did not mention that....

I have no clue what does/does not work on LT's.
Yeah I read his mods under the avatar. I'm not positive what will or will not work with LT as well but common sense says there is a lot more room for bigger and wider tires. But then again, I can be completely wrong.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah I read his mods under the avatar. I'm not positive what will or will not work with LT as well but common sense says there is a lot more room for bigger and wider tires. But then again, I can be completely wrong.
There are no mods under your avatar when you're surfing from your phone
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
I have the XD Cranks with a 5 BS and 285/70/17 Duratracks. I had to trim the inside corners of each fender well, remove the flaps and trim the black plastic in the front of the wheel well. I'm also going to end up doing the cab mount chop, since it rubs in reverse when going over bumps. Aside from the cab mount, it was all really easy and cant be seen unless you stick your head in there to look.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Vi, you have the Engage LT... you can fit the 5" backspace since your arms are over 4" out...

but, if running a race spindle, or even gussets, it may end up a tight squeeze...

personally, i think you should look at 4.5" or 4.6" backspace...

Chris Socalrunner may still have a brand new set of nice black alloys in 4.5" backspace that he is planning to return for another set...

also, Chris at the shop is planning to sell his black 137s and those are 4.6" backspace...
Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #14

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, thanks Mike, I'll ask Chris about that