Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire rub

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
Tire rub

I have a stock (no TSB) 2006 DCSB 4x4 Sport and changed out the tire/wheel combo to 16x8 & 265/75/16 BFG A/T.

My issue is tire rub. When I measure from the ground to the bottom of my fender, the front measures 35" & 37" in the back. If I wanted to level the front of my truck would that help the tire rub situation?

And if so, what would be my best way to accomplish that?
Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmck View Post
I have a stock (no TSB) 2006 DCSB 4x4 Sport and changed out the tire/wheel combo to 16x8 & 265/75/16 BFG A/T.

My issue is tire rub. When I measure from the ground to the bottom of my fender, the front measures 35" & 37" in the back. If I wanted to level the front of my truck would that help the tire rub situation?

And if so, what would be my best way to accomplish that?
You shouldn't be rubbing with just 265/75/16's. What is the backspacing of the wheels?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You shouldn't be rubbing with just 265/75/16's. What is the backspacing of the wheels?

Not sure what the back spacing is, but the tires do stick out about 1/2" past the fender.

What effect would a "spacer" have on the ride?

Also, what does it typically cost to have shocks put on ones truck?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmck View Post
Not sure what the back spacing is, but the tires do stick out about 1/2" past the fender.

What effect would a "spacer" have on the ride?

Also, what does it typically cost to have shocks put on ones truck?

Thanks.
If they stick out that far past the fender with only 265's on there, you probably have too little backspacing (tires stick out too far out).

A lift might fix it (avoid leveling kits and spacers lifts IMO)...but wheel spacers will likely make it worse.

You should figure out the backspacing. All you need is the rim width and the offset, both of those shoudl be stamped on the rim.