Better Tires or Better Wheels

View Poll Results: Which is Better
Duratrac with Black Rock D-Window Alloy 19 73.08%
Nitto Terra Grappler with XD Revolver 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Better to be a Smart Ass than a Dumb Ass
1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: That Guy
1Biggerwoody's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Better Tires or Better Wheels

So I am wondering if it's better to get Duratrac with Black Rock D-Window Alloy or Nitto Terra Grappler with XD Revolver wheels? In other words, better tires (Duratrac) or better wheels (XD Revolver)? Looking at getting 265/70/17 for my Black 4 door 2007 Taco.
Attached Thumbnails
Better Tires or Better Wheels-black-rock.jpg   Better Tires or Better Wheels-xd-series-xd796-revolver-wheel_11349625_175.jpg   Better Tires or Better Wheels-duratrac.jpg   Better Tires or Better Wheels-terra-grappler.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
tires help your performance...not so much the wheels
Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Better tires. I think the black rock wheels look better than the XDs.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Revolvers!
But depends on what you really use your truck for
Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
IF Truck.Use = 'Mall Crawler' { Execute BetterWheels }
ELSE { Execute BetterTires }

Basically if your truck serves a purpose beside showboating, get the tires... yea, eh?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly don't see what people see in xd's. I'd go with better tire.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:08 AM   #7
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
Go for the Duratracs...they're awesome. I've got mine mounted on the stock wheels. Once i can afford it i'll get the wheels i want, but the tires connect me to the earth...therefore they take precidence
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Revolvers!
But depends on what you really use your truck for
Most of my driving is street but so some off-road in summer and lots of driving off road in winter over ice and snow.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
I am biased to the XDs because I have those same wheels. But the rock wheels look good too, and I didn't like the nittos personally.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #10

I ordered the Duratracs! Will post pics once I receive them ...
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Duratracs because...

1) I got them and they are VERY good tires.
2) I HATE the Revolver rims. WAY too pimpish for a off-road truck.

YMMV
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting the Duratracs when I get home
Old 05-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAirForce05 View Post
Im getting the Duratracs when I get home
Check the Group Buy post from Mescalero - Beat Discount Tire and Tire Rack best deals I found. The group buy is over but he might still be able to hook you up.