Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheels shimmy - Tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Chief50 is on a distinguished road
Chief50's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Wheels shimmy - Tacoma

The 16 inch Chrome aftermarket rims on my 2010 Tacoma shimmy. Tried 2 different types from Discount Tire Company (TX), never could get them right. Even replaced the tires. Ended up buying ugly ones from Toyota. Discount Tire says Toyotas are almost imposible to fit right. Is this solvable or are they all like that?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure they're hub centric and you're good to go.

I've got aftermarket Konigs on mine and except for losing the fucking sticky weights off them, I have no issues with shimmy.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief50 View Post
Discount Tire says Toyotas are almost imposible to fit right.
So the 15,000 or so people on here that have aftermarket rims just got lucky?

I would try hub-centering rings, or extended thread lugs nuts. Both of those will center the wheel on the hub.