Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

is this bad?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
is this bad?

would it be a bad idea to run mud tires on the back two wheels, (i have a prerunner), and all terrains in the same size up front? ive seen a couple tacomas in person with that set up but never talked with anyone about it. thanks guys!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I dont necessarily think its bad but more like why? And what about when you need a tire rotation?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
rotate the mud tires to the wife's FWD car.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've run more aggressive tires in the back of a 2wd truck before. I would have thought the reason would be obvious... I've run aggressive snows in the back and a good all-season up front. The downfall is tire rotation as mentioned above.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
didnt think about tire rotation, but i was just thinking since the back tires are the only ones spinning, and i dont want to spend a lot on muds, i could just run muds on the back

just a thought, wanted to see what you guys thought, thanks for the input
Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Though the front isn't spinning you would still benefit from having those cause your turning in the mud would benefit
Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #7
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
Though the front isn't spinning you would still benefit from having those cause your turning in the mud would benefit
this is probably true. as I ran a road tire up front and a knobby in back on my dirtbike, when I hit the sand...I have to work it!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #8
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Traction would be affected ie. Braking and steering. Go fast, but can't stop or turn.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #9
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
plus it looks goofy. just stick to one type of tire
Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, I tend to run all my 2wd trucks with traction tires on the back with either all season or all terrains on the front...

Currently, I have on the 62 Dodge Town Wagon 1/2 ton, "Prospector" rib tires on the front and Cooper Discover ST on the back, the 68 Dodge Uteline, Cooper AST all season on the front and MudStar MT on the back, and the 07 Ram 1500 I just traded on the '11 Taco, Cooper ATR on the front and the Cooper ST on the back...

The 08 Jeep Sahara (wife's ride) still is on the original Bridgestone AT on all four, the '11 Taco is still on the POS stock Dunlop, while the 62 M37 Dodge Military Power Wagon has Sure Grip 8 ply bias on all corners.

I live out in the Cherokee National Forest and we have a good bit of wash board gravel before we ever get to a paved road.

When I had the 94 Toy pickup, 2wd, I had six ply traction tires on back and all season on the front...

Howard