Notices

16" rim on trd prerunner

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
fullstream is on a distinguished road

Name: steve
fullstream's Tacoma Gallery
16" rim on trd prerunner

So Ive got my wheel picked out (online)and I happen to to notice a 4 wheel parts store so I swing in and look at the rims (moto metal 951) and ask the guy for an installed price. He's like "we wont put 16" rims on a tacoma as they will rub on the caliper, only 17" or bigger".
Is this the case???
I then ask for a price to do 5100's all around w/ a 2 inch aal and he print's me out a quote for $1200. Needless to say I will order online.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
if you get a 8 inch wide wheel i think your fine. but i think thats the only problem with 15s?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullstream View Post
So Ive got my wheel picked out (online)and I happen to to notice a 4 wheel parts store so I swing in and look at the rims (moto metal 951) and ask the guy for an installed price. He's like "we wont put 16" rims on a tacoma as they will rub on the caliper, only 17" or bigger".
Is this the case???
I then ask for a price to do 5100's all around w/ a 2 inch aal and he print's me out a quote for $1200. Needless to say I will order online.
In general, it is a good rule of thumb to believe the exact opposite of anything 4wp says....ever.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
In general, it is a good rule of thumb to believe the exact opposite of anything 4wp says....ever.

haha ohhh so true.......
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2...

The bore size is whats important. I have heard of some 16s not fitting but its extremely rare
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
fullstream is on a distinguished road

Name: steve
fullstream's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Kinda what I thought after he quoted me for the lift
Gonna order the rims today