Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Getting Crager Soft 8, I already have spacers. Unsafe?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Getting Crager Soft 8, I already have spacers. Unsafe?

I want to get Crager Soft 8's. I already have 1.5" spacers that I'm using with my stock wheels. Would it be too much offset if I use these wheels with the 1.5" spacers?

This is what i figure it would look like
Attached Thumbnails
Getting Crager Soft 8, I already have spacers. Unsafe?-soft8.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBandit View Post
I want to get Crager Soft 8's. I already have 1.5" spacers that I'm using with my stock wheels. Would it be too much offset if I use these wheels with the 1.5" spacers?

This is what i figure it would look like
That depends on what the offset and backspacing of the soft-8's you are looking at is.

BTW crager soft 8's do not clear the calipers of 2nd gen tacomas without modification.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

Even with spacers?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even with spacers?
People have gotten them to fit by combining spacers and grinding the calipers, which I do not recommend.

But, I ask again, what is the offset and backspacing of the ones you are looking at?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #5

Backspacing (in)
4.500 in.Offset
0.00mm
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Backspacing (in)
4.500 in.Offset
0.00mm
That's a good Backspacing in general for tacomas, but still I've never seen anyone running the soft 8 s who didn't grind their calipers down
Old 05-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
But what if you get 17in rims instead of 16in? Do the 17's still hit the caliper
I hope not since I just bought them. I have 1.25" spacers that i currently run my stock sport wheels on, so I figure I'd be fine keeping them on. I'm just worried that I will be rubbing hard on the fender since they will be sticking out 2".

When they arrive I'll jack up my truck and mount the rims without tires just to make sure. If it's fine then I guess I'll just have to lose the mudflaps and trim a little bit more. Eventually longer lug-nuts as-well.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Shoulda bought Procomp steelies from Wheeler's. Exact same wheel except they fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting Crager Soft 8, I already have spacers. Unsafe?-imag0128.jpg