Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Sport 17" rims > Anthracite 16" TRD rims??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Sport 17" rims > Anthracite 16" TRD rims??

I didn't find any threads on this so I am hoping what I was told was just hot air, but a guy at a lift shop was telling me I wouldn't be able to go to the TRD 16"(FJ) rims for my 09 Sport because the rotor was already 16 inches and too big of a brake system since it comes with the 17" rim standard..

I know I have seen 16" FJ rims on Sport Tacos before...... right?
I'm good.... right???

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
He is full of it. I have The TRD FJ rims on my 08 sport and I have no issues.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
I have The TRD FJ rims on my 08 sport
You sure do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
I have no issues
You sure don't - Very nice

Thanks for puttin' the mind at ease
Old 05-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
You're fine. I did the same thing.

So far I've been able to stop.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Taco Supremist

Indeed, in fact -I have proof!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Check JDMcomplaint, he has those wheels and he has a Sport.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Taco Supremist

^^^^^^He and I both !^^^^^^^
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
because the rotor was already 16 inches and too big of a brake system since it comes with the 17" rim standard..
Just as a comparison. Ferrari's with 20" wheels don't even have 16" rotors....
Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Here are mine...
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
Taco Supremist

^^^^ Awesome^^^^