LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Did your Duratrac's feel spongy at first?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Will do.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Any one else with some feedback?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #23
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you're running 30 PSI I can't think of any tire that won't feel spongy. I'm running 38 psi because I live in the hills. There is no spongy or body roll feeling whatsoever. The ride is GREAT.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #26
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Softer rubber from being Winter rated. Deeper tread depth and large seperate tread blocks will give it a spongy feeling.

I've heard of them being like that, and even my Mickey Thompsons felt like that going from BFG ATs.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #27
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
The sticker on the inside of the door jam has the pressure for the stock tires that came on the truck.

I go by whats stated on the tire or by doing the chalk test.

I thought you were talking about me increasing the pressure of the tires when going on long drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yes but the slight change of size doesn't need a higher pressure. A chalk test is the best way to find out though.

The pressure listed on the tire is the maximum allowed pressure. If you are running the maximum then you are using too much pressure.
Whats a chaulk test?

Haven't heard that term before
Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #28
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Probably experiencing some "tread squirm" with aggressive widely spaced lugs you will feel some floating with even small steering corrections and this will diminish after the first 6 to 12 months.
Also, my 265-75-16 DTs returned awful mpgs throughout the first summer and dropped from 21.5 with worn out 245 HTs to 17ish. Now with a year and 10k on em I've gotten 20.1 out of the last two tanks with warmer weather/ambient temps.
Chalk line test: draw a line across tread at given pressure and drive a bit hop out and look where line is wearing. If only worn along outer part of tread = pressure too low. If chalk rubs off on center of line first = too high. Also I've used masking tape.

I run mine at 38 rear and 40 front for acceptable chalk test/footprint and maximum mpgs. Downside is definitely jitterier ride and skiddish behavior with hard braking. Air down to 22 to 25 psi for trails and grips and climbs like a champ.