View Poll Results: 255/85 R16's?
My tire of choice has worked great in all conditions 7 58.33%
Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #2281
Banned
berk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slolane View Post
Keep the cruiser wheels
Definitely. Wouldn't look right with the turds. Plus, they $$$!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #2282
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
FMF, your whole rig looks nice as is. Nice trailer you have there. I would not swap out the wheels on the trailer unless you can't figure out where to put the cash, ..just send it my way...
Old 08-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #2284
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
Well now my truck and trailer are all rocking the same size tires, 255/85 16 BFG Muds. I even managed to fit a 255/85 in the stock location for the spare tire under the bed. Now my question to every one, should I leave the old school toyota land cruiser split rims on the trailer. Or should a swap them out with the same rims I have on the truck?

your whole setup is looking sweet. Keep the wheels as they are is my opinion

were you in texas recently? I swear I saw a truck exactly like yours recently
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #2285
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
your whole setup is looking sweet. Keep the wheels as they are is my opinion

were you in texas recently? I swear I saw a truck exactly like yours recently
Yes I just made a road trip from Houston Tx to Washington DC
Old 08-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #2286
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slolane View Post
Keep the cruiser wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Keep the rims. Looks great as is!
The only thing that stays in the back of my mind is that these are split rims which means they have a tube instead of the tire holding the air. Now I do have one full size spare on the truck but if it where a very shitty day and I where to get two flats on a trail. There is no way I can patch a tire tube on the trail like you can with a tire on a standard rim.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #2287
Banned
berk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
berk's Tacoma Gallery
I just measured my actual diameter and 255/85 toyo MT is 33.75"

EDIT: I just remeasured with a more accurate method and they are in fact 33.5", inflated on a 8"rim.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #2288
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berk View Post
On or off the truck and what width wheel are you running? and if on the truck, what PSI?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #2289
Banned
berk's Tacoma Gallery
On truck, but off ground, 30 psi, 8"wheel
Old 08-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #2290
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. If I don't go to 35s my next tires will be Toyos
Old 08-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #2291
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I saw the pics you posted the other day on this thread but do you have any of the entire truck?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #2292
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They are going to measure smaller with the weight on the tire, but that still is pretty tall on an 8" wheel. My new KM2's with weight on them measure just a touch over 33". BFG rates them at 33.3" tall but I'm sure that is off the vehicle and on a 7" wheel IIRC.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #2293
Banned
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Truck had no weight on it. Tire was lifted until it was barely touching ground then measured.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #2294

SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Looks damn good
Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #2295
Banned
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Thx I love these tires. I had to break the bead on all 5 today to add more stainless media for my dynamic balancing experiment. Went from 6.4oz to 8oz. It was working with 6.4 but sometimes had a wobble in the steering wheel at different speeds. I'm using 1/8" stainless polishing media from ebay. It runs about 10$/lb

Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #2296
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #2297
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCap View Post
Took some pics. The wood underneath is barely touching the tire to give as flat a surface to measure from as possible. Tire is as 42psi.
Tread depth w/ about 15k on them

29 3/4 as close as I can tell.

These are the wheels I'm thinking about painting black and installing. Anyone have any tips for painting damaged chrome wheels. They are 8" wide with 4 1/2 BS from what I can tell, maybe 4 1/4

Hell, anyone know what they are. I picked up 4 on CL for $100. Figured it was worth the chance.

Pic of the damage. I'm wondering if I should just shoot them with self etching primer and black semigloss Krylon. Even debating leaving the tires on as masking.

Thought's or opinions?
New 255/85/16 KM2 on steel 16" x 7", 6 Lug, 5.5" Bolt Pattern wheel

33-1/2" @ 43psi

Used Interco Trxus MT on steel 16" x 7", 6 Lug, 5.5" Bolt Pattern wheel
(tires look brand new...just no knobbys on them. Traded it for Taco stock spare tire & wheel I had laying around......unknown mileage. Tread is super deep compared to a KM2.

33-13/16" @ 43psi

Both measured sitting up level on a level floor. Measurements are from floor to a level that was held level. Pics are just for reference...I only have 2 hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Based on your measurements your just shy of 33" tire which is closer than most tire manufactures. Most tires measure 1"-1.5" smaller than they advertise. A lot of it depends on psi, weight, and other factors but for a used 255/85/16 to measure 32.75" I'd say your size is about where it should be. When I measured my brand new 33x10.5x15 they were exactly at 32" without weight and 40psi.

My bald 255/85/16 cooper ST's measured at 32". With full tread I bet they would have been very close to a full size 33" tire.

Edit: here's some info from a thread about tire height
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...hey-claim.html
Ill have to check that thread out

Quote:

EDIT: I just remeasured with a more accurate method and they are in fact 33.5", inflated on a 8"rim.
Quote:
Not bad.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #2298

35.5" on a 7" wheel? Was that a typo and supposed to be 33.5"
Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #2299
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
35.5" on a 7" wheel? Was that a typo and supposed to be 33.5"

ah...yep...

Ill edit it...dam sausage link fingers
Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #2300
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
anyone here run the Interco Trxus MT's before?

I haven't taken a look at it real good since I got it and that things beefy. Looks like a good performer.