View Poll Results: 255/85 R16's?
My tire of choice has worked great in all conditions 7 58.33%
Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #2301
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #2302
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCap View Post
Took some pics. The wood underneath is barely touching the tire to give as flat a surface to measure from as possible. Tire is as 42psi.
Tread depth w/ about 15k on them

29 3/4 as close as I can tell.

These are the wheels I'm thinking about painting black and installing. Anyone have any tips for painting damaged chrome wheels. They are 8" wide with 4 1/2 BS from what I can tell, maybe 4 1/4

Hell, anyone know what they are. I picked up 4 on CL for $100. Figured it was worth the chance.

Pic of the damage. I'm wondering if I should just shoot them with self etching primer and black semigloss Krylon. Even debating leaving the tires on as masking.

Thought's or opinions?
New 255/85/16 KM2 on steel 16" x 7", 6 Lug, 5.5" Bolt Pattern wheel

33-1/2" @ 43psi

Used Interco Trxus MT on steel 16" x 7", 6 Lug, 5.5" Bolt Pattern wheel
(tires look brand new...just no knobbys on them. Traded it for Taco stock spare tire & wheel I had laying around......unknown mileage. Tread is super deep compared to a KM2.

33-13/16" @ 43psi

Both measured sitting up level on a level floor. Measurements are from floor to a level that was held level. Pics are just for reference...I only have 2 hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Based on your measurements your just shy of 33" tire which is closer than most tire manufactures. Most tires measure 1"-1.5" smaller than they advertise. A lot of it depends on psi, weight, and other factors but for a used 255/85/16 to measure 32.75" I'd say your size is about where it should be. When I measured my brand new 33x10.5x15 they were exactly at 32" without weight and 40psi.

My bald 255/85/16 cooper ST's measured at 32". With full tread I bet they would have been very close to a full size 33" tire.

Edit: here's some info from a thread about tire height
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...hey-claim.html
Ill have to check that thread out

Quote:
Originally Posted by berk View Post
I just measured my actual diameter and 255/85 toyo MT is 33.75"

EDIT: I just remeasured with a more accurate method and they are in fact 33.5", inflated on a 8"rim.
Quote:
On truck, but off ground, 30 psi, 8"wheel
Not bad.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #2303
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
35.5" on a 7" wheel? Was that a typo and supposed to be 33.5"
Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #2304
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
35.5" on a 7" wheel? Was that a typo and supposed to be 33.5"

ah...yep...

Ill edit it...dam sausage link fingers
Old 08-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #2305
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
anyone here run the Interco Trxus MT's before?

I haven't taken a look at it real good since I got it and that things beefy. Looks like a good performer.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #2306
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
I'm developing an inferiority complex over here
Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #2307
berk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of light
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm developing an inferiority complex over here
Why is that?
Old 08-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #2308
TheGreatPear is on a distinguished road

Air Force: WFSM, 27th SOCES, 27th SOW
Name: Alex
TheGreatPear's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know of anybody running the SCS F5 wheels with 255/85s?

I really want to pull the trigger on some of the 4.5"BS ones but i cant bring myself to do it without seeing the look. More importantly the potential for rubbing scares me.

Anybody got info?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #2309
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPear View Post
Anybody know of anybody running the SCS F5 wheels with 255/85s?

I really want to pull the trigger on some of the 4.5"BS ones but i cant bring myself to do it without seeing the look. More importantly the potential for rubbing scares me.

Anybody got info?

Dous on t4r.org used to run them
Old 08-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #2310
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why is that?
Mine are smaller than other 255s
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #2311
berk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of light
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine are smaller than other 255s
Well I got mine for 203$ shipped on eBay. Bi figured that was a pretty great deal.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #2312
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Got My Open Country Mt's this morning will post pics soon.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #2313
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
Got My Open Country Mt's this morning will post pics soon.
Let's see'em! Toyo open country MT is one of the best tires, IMO. Good choice
Old 08-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #2314

SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
I just priced the Toyos. They're proud of those aren't they.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #2315
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. However they are a high mileage tire, maybe 45K in our trucks, so keep that in mind.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #2316
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's why I don't have them. I couldn't find a set in my $1k price range (including mounting, balance, and replacement certificates). I settled with my 2nd choice in km2s. My plan was to find the best price online, then have discount tire price match. That way if there are any issues, I'm able to handle it in person. Km2's came in right at $1k and Toyos would have been about $1.3k
Old 08-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #2317
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, discount tire has a promotion that's good through today. Could do two separate transactions to save $200.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...-400-more.html
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #2318
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes they are. No way I'd pay that much for a tire. Got my KM2's for $190 per tire and I picked them up at Discount tire. We got ten of them and worked a deal with a friend of a friend who has a dealer account. Gave him $10 cash per tire...so $100 for 10 min of his time.

KM2's dealer cost in this size was $180 2 years ago.

Quote:
Yep. However they are a high mileage tire, maybe 45K in our trucks, so keep that in mind.
IMO high mileage usually means harder rubber so less grip on rocks.

Properly rotated KM2's should get similar mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
That's why I don't have them. I couldn't find a set in my $1k price range (including mounting, balance, and replacement certificates). I settled with my 2nd choice in km2s. My plan was to find the best price online, then have discount tire price match. That way if there are any issues, I'm able to handle it in person. Km2's came in right at $1k and Toyos would have been about $1.3k
For 5 tires I hope...
Old 08-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #2319

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Got my KM2's for $190 per tire

For 5 tires I hope...

I paid $195 per tire and after the charge for replacement cert's, tax, and mount/ balance, it came out to just under $1K for 4 new 255's ($960 exactly). I felt like it was a good price considering all the other prices I saw. I had them price match
Www.Onlinetires.Com. At the time they had the lowest prices.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #2320
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
The local Toyo dealer wanted 440 a piece for them. I had My friend at the Local Firestone brought them in for me for 315 a piece...... so Yeah 1.3k was right.