Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #1221
Razooly is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Razooly's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the 255/85/16 KM2's on last week, fit great with no rubbing at all.

[URL=http://s159.photobucket.com/user/justintime19/media/502d60e4-31e1-45ee-b4e3-b3e5d5cde9d4.jpg.html]
Loving this new set up.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #1222
cstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant future

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
2nd gen, v6, auto here. Doesnt seem like my tranny suffers at all. It might be thanking me @ highway speeds with lower rpms.
Lower rpms...does this mean better mpg?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #1223
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the best place to get Toyo Open Country M/T in this flavor?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #1224
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s look sick Justin. So what is your total amount of lift before tires? Much noise or vibe at highway speed?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1225
Razooly is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Razooly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
KM2s look sick Justin. So what is your total amount of lift before tires? Much noise or vibe at highway speed?
Thank's, before tires we had it sitting a little more than 2.5" from stock. The noise is not bad at all, & no vibes.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #1226
blt2tuk is on a distinguished road
blt2tuk's Tacoma Gallery
The letters have been buffed off the side wall. Although you can still see some of the logo on a couple of the tires The guy said the ended up with them because somehow in manufacturing someone forgot to change the name plate on one side so they where stamped gateway on one side and co op grip spur on the other. I've put a couple of miles on mine now and I have no complaints. They are loud on the road and they do get flat spots being a bias ply and the fact mu truck usualy sits 5 days a week, but i knew this when i bought them. Pretty much a budget off road wheel and tire combo is why I made the purchase. They have been everywhere on everytrail I have been on with ease. The mud isn't a thing to worry about. The tread still looks great. They flex the side wall and all very well. And everyone thinks there tractor tires and they love how knobby they are.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #1227
jky999 is on a distinguished road
jky999's Tacoma Gallery
Would you have to regear if you occasionally pulled a 3000pound trailer with the KM2s?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1228
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fiveology's Tacoma Gallery
I pull my open car trailer and Mustang quite often. I have no problems with stock gearing and my 255/85 KM2s. Usually tow in 4th gear at around 65-70 mph no problem. Trailer is right at 1500 lbs. empty and my Mustang weighs around 3400 lbs, so I am right at 5000 lbs.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #1229
jky999 is on a distinguished road
jky999's Tacoma Gallery
Fiveology, thanks.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #1230
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Fiveology. what kind of MPG's do you get when you aren't towing? How many miles per tank before your light comes on?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #1231
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm interested in the 255's but I have 17's. Would I be aiming for a 255/75 or 80? No lift as of now. Also are tires more plentiful in 16? I'm seeming to only find a handful of tires in 255/75r17 Most are the tires that come stock on the rubicons, a type of destination a/t, and the mud terrains that are like 200 a piece. Only other cheaper alternative would be the threadwrights. I'm skeptical about retreads though.

Any advice would be very helpful.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #1232
Fiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiveology is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Fiveology. what kind of MPG's do you get when you aren't towing? How many miles per tank before your light comes on?
I drive my truck so little that I have never really paid attention. If I get gas once a month in my truck that's a lot.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
Hey I'm interested in the 255's but I have 17's. Would I be aiming for a 255/75 or 80? No lift as of now. Also are tires more plentiful in 16? I'm seeming to only find a handful of tires in 255/75r17 Most are the tires that come stock on the rubicons, a type of destination a/t, and the mud terrains that are like 200 a piece. Only other cheaper alternative would be the threadwrights. I'm skeptical about retreads though.

Any advice would be very helpful.
255/80r17 would be the equivalent size for a 17" wheel. The 255/75r17 as you have found is a pretty rare size (basically the BFGs from a Rubicon and a few other tires). I never really looked because I have 16" wheels but I think there are a few more options in 16 then in 17.

The 255/75r17 I would think would fit at stock height with no or minimal trimming. Also the 255/75 BFGs from a Rubicon can usually be found as take offs, from guys lifting their brand new Jeeps, fairly cheap. Check Craigslist, or some of the Jeep forums they are on there all the time.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1234
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Well the 80 fit without a lift? I'm in between that or the 265/70(75).
Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
Well the 80 fit without a lift? I'm in between that or the 265/70(75).
Standard answer: you can make just about anything fit, how much are you willing to cut?

Nelztaco is running 255/85r16's on his truck with minimal lift.

Lightningcow is running 255/85r16's on his truck with no lift.

Search those user names to see their trucks, or just go back a few pages in this thread. They have both posted pics here.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #1236
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Any new offerings in the 255-85-16? I'm in the market, my old BFG KM's (Not KM2's) are about done. I know choices are limited, any new AT style tires? Or is it still just the Cooper ST for all terrains?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #1237
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Anyone know the best place to get Toyo Open Country M/T in this flavor?
Bump. I'm considering being a guinea pig and ordering these off ebay.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTaro View Post
Any new offerings in the 255-85-16? I'm in the market, my old BFG KM's (Not KM2's) are about done. I know choices are limited, any new AT style tires? Or is it still just the Cooper ST for all terrains?
There was some talk either in this thread or somewhere else on TW about the Cooper ST MAXX being released in this size. Don't know if that has happened yet or not.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1239
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveology View Post
There was some talk either in this thread or somewhere else on TW about the Cooper ST MAXX being released in this size. Don't know if that has happened yet or not.
I think the Maxx's are supposed to be out in the fall...some people (including me) in this thread have been e-mailing Goodyear about trying to push Duratracs in this size. If they actually listen, I doubt it would be less than a year for them to start making them.

Matt
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #1240
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveology View Post
Just checked their site the other day and nothing yet.