255/85 R16 Owners Experience

View Poll Results: 255/85 R16's?
My tire of choice has worked great in all conditions 7 58.33%
Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #1281
dorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud of

Name: Shane
dorkmagus's Tacoma Gallery
My KM2s are still going strong with over half tread after 20-25k miles. Oh and I'm running 8" wide wheels FWIW.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #1282
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmagus View Post
Goddamn! Your truck looks badass with the tall and skinnies.

Matt
Old 08-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #1283
dorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud of

Name: Shane
dorkmagus's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you! Here's another pic from that trip.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #1284
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1285
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
In case anyone wanted to know these tires do good at around 40psi sitting for long periods of time without distorting
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #1286
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
In case anyone wanted to know these tires do good at around 40psi sitting for long periods of time without distorting
What would be a good psi to drive on? Just had my km2s installed today. Gonna tinker around with pressures, but don't even know where to begin
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #1287
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
What would be a good psi to drive on? Just had my km2s installed today. Gonna tinker around with pressures, but don't even know where to begin
I run my 265/75/16 KM's (E) at 40 front, 38 rear and it seems to do well.

Matt
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #1288
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends on weight of truck. Mines heavy and running 40/38. Chalk test is key.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #1289

Quote:
Depends on weight of truck. Mines heavy and running 40/38. Chalk test is key.
How exactly do I do the chalk test?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #1290
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How exactly do I do the chalk test?
Air up to 50psi. Put chalk lines on tires going across not around. Deflate both front tires in 2psi increments equally until tires have full contact with road.

Google tire chalk psi and better explanations will be found.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #1291
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and follow same with rear.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #1292

Quote:
Air up to 50psi. Put chalk lines on tires going across not around. Deflate both front tires in 2psi increments equally until tires have full contact with road.

Google tire chalk psi and better explanations will be found.
Awesome! Thanks. How far should I drive before stopping and checking lines?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #1293
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome! Thanks. How far should I drive before stopping and checking lines?

100 -200 yards....depends on the chalk and tires.

I got lucky when I got mine and used a brand new concrete parking lot to do them. I didn't even have to chalk. I just drove with them at 50psi and deflated until the entire tire was covered in concrete dust and once it was covered I let another 2psi out.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #1295

Cool beans. Now if I could just find chalk. The wally world in my town sucks, and doesn't really organize anything
Old 08-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #1296
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool beans. Now if I could just find chalk. The wally world in my town sucks, and doesn't really organize anything
Get kids street chalk
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #1297

Quote:
Get kids street chalk
That's what I ended up getting. (With glitter in it)
Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #1298
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I ended up getting. (With glitter in it)

get some ketchup and a friend for some fun with it later

Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #1299
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles are you folks getting out of the various tires. Which ones and how many
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #1300

Quote:
get some ketchup and a friend for some fun with it later

I actually have a friend that owned a crime scene clean up company. He just closed it to persue his hobby as a career, but I bet he could get me some good stuff