View Poll Results: 255/85 R16's?
My tire of choice has worked great in all conditions 7 58.33%
Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #1561
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I draw the line at function and at $12.50 per wheel they look good to me. Heck I got my rusty ass nut caps showing cause hub caps are silly and just break anyway.

If you are going to wheel like we do I think the like should be drawn closer to function because you are just going to fuck up the wheels anyway.

I can't find a good pic, but see all the silver spots on my wheel? Those are scratches. All 4 wheels are scratched up really good.

one thing I do like about these wheels is the lug nuts are tucked inside really good.

Look mom, no lugnuts

and they were on my rig when I bought so they were basically free anyway so I can't complain
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #1562
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I have 255 maxxis bighorns and I like them a lot. Just saw them for 215 a piece from one of the online tire stores incase anyone's interested. Idk what the km2s are goin for
Old 11-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #1563
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I have 255 maxxis bighorns and I like them a lot. Just saw them for 215 a piece from one of the online tire stores incase anyone's interested. Idk what the km2s are goin for

$240 to your door when I was looking for KM2's. Dalton and I paid $190 through a hook up when we bought (10) of them at once with cash money yo
Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #1564
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
$240 to your door when I was looking for KM2's. Dalton and I paid $190 through a hook up when we bought (10) of them at once with cash money yo
Well I just took a look and found the bighorns for $186
And km2s for only a little more, so nevermind I guess 215 isn't a good deal
Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #1565
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I just took a look and found the bighorns for $186
And km2s for only a little more, so nevermind I guess 215 isn't a good deal

Cool prices are dropping then. You going back to them when they are beat?
Old 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #1566
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was in pep boys 2 night ago doing an oil change on my dd and out of curiosity I asked what they had in 255 and the only thing they could get was the maxxis and they were in the around 160 something.... Funny part was the he could only get 4.... he would have to transfer 3 from like Indiana and one from ny....
Old 11-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #1567
proceramic is on a distinguished road
proceramic's Tacoma Gallery
Have been racking my brain trying to decide if I wanted to go the tall n skinny route...Glad I did!! Man I love the look and ride of these tires plus how quite they are on pavement. Have them mounted on 6x8,s with 4" BS.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #1568
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my BFG 255/85-16 MT KM2 Today. Installing tomorrow. Got them for 190.00 a tire. Cant wait..
Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #1570
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by proceramic View Post
Have been racking my brain trying to decide if I wanted to go the tall n skinny route...Glad I did!! Man I love the look and ride of these tires plus how quite they are on pavement. Have them mounted on 6x8,s with 4" BS.

That's the stance I'm looking for. I'm running stock B.S. rims now. When I get new tires I'm going to need some rims. Seems like limited choices in 4" BS. I'm looking at getting Dick Cepek DC2's unless I find something else I like.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #1571
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Super happy I made the switch! I was on 285 toyo a/t's and loved those, but these new tires ride smoother. Only difference is they hum a little more than the old ones, but it's unnoticeable for the most part.

These are the toyo mts

Hadn't had the chance to take them wheeling. Hopefully soon though!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #1572
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
Super happy I made the switch! I was on 285 toyo a/t's and loved those, but these new tires ride smoother. Only difference is they hum a little more than the old ones, but it's unnoticeable for the most part.

These are the toyo mts

Hadn't had the chance to take them wheeling. Hopefully soon though!
looking nice!
any pic from the front? i'd like to see how they recessed, even or stick out in comparison with the fenders/flares!

oh, and love those TT wheels!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #1573
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
looking nice!
any pic from the front? i'd like to see how they recessed, even or stick out in comparison with the fenders/flares!

oh, and love those TT wheels!

Sorry for the washed out picture, anyway they are flush with the fenders, whereas the old wheel and tires stuck out a good inch or more

I took this when I was switching ^

Here both of them are on.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #1575
Tail Striker

Quote:
thanks!
sure thing man! like i said earlier, they are really nice to drive on, and im my opinion looks better than what i previously had, also they should function better! the TT wheels are awesome... so choice haha
Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #1577
Tail Striker

Quote:
any rubbing?
I've only managed it once full lock with the wheel stuffed, it grabbed the mud flap... but my old 285s rubbed all the time... these don't.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #1578
mike2100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mike2100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post

Those wheels look awesome. Do you know how much they weigh?