View Poll Results: 255/85 R16's?
My tire of choice has worked great in all conditions 7 58.33%
Ran em but didn't work for me, went wider and am happy I did. 2 16.67%
Ran wide before now run the skinnies and am much happier 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #1561
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I have 255 maxxis bighorns and I like them a lot. Just saw them for 215 a piece from one of the online tire stores incase anyone's interested. Idk what the km2s are goin for
I was in pep boys 2 night ago doing an oil change on my dd and out of curiosity I asked what they had in 255 and the only thing they could get was the maxxis and they were in the around 160 something.... Funny part was the he could only get 4.... he would have to transfer 3 from like Indiana and one from ny....
Old 11-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #1562
proceramic is on a distinguished road
proceramic's Tacoma Gallery
Have been racking my brain trying to decide if I wanted to go the tall n skinny route...Glad I did!! Man I love the look and ride of these tires plus how quite they are on pavement. Have them mounted on 6x8,s with 4" BS.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #1563
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my BFG 255/85-16 MT KM2 Today. Installing tomorrow. Got them for 190.00 a tire. Cant wait..
Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #1565
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by proceramic View Post
Have been racking my brain trying to decide if I wanted to go the tall n skinny route...Glad I did!! Man I love the look and ride of these tires plus how quite they are on pavement. Have them mounted on 6x8,s with 4" BS.

That's the stance I'm looking for. I'm running stock B.S. rims now. When I get new tires I'm going to need some rims. Seems like limited choices in 4" BS. I'm looking at getting Dick Cepek DC2's unless I find something else I like.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #1566
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Super happy I made the switch! I was on 285 toyo a/t's and loved those, but these new tires ride smoother. Only difference is they hum a little more than the old ones, but it's unnoticeable for the most part.

These are the toyo mts

Hadn't had the chance to take them wheeling. Hopefully soon though!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #1567
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
Super happy I made the switch! I was on 285 toyo a/t's and loved those, but these new tires ride smoother. Only difference is they hum a little more than the old ones, but it's unnoticeable for the most part.

These are the toyo mts

Hadn't had the chance to take them wheeling. Hopefully soon though!
looking nice!
any pic from the front? i'd like to see how they recessed, even or stick out in comparison with the fenders/flares!

oh, and love those TT wheels!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #1568
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
looking nice!
any pic from the front? i'd like to see how they recessed, even or stick out in comparison with the fenders/flares!

oh, and love those TT wheels!

Sorry for the washed out picture, anyway they are flush with the fenders, whereas the old wheel and tires stuck out a good inch or more

I took this when I was switching ^

Here both of them are on.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #1570
Tail Striker

Quote:
thanks!
sure thing man! like i said earlier, they are really nice to drive on, and im my opinion looks better than what i previously had, also they should function better! the TT wheels are awesome... so choice haha
Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #1572
Tail Striker

Quote:
any rubbing?
I've only managed it once full lock with the wheel stuffed, it grabbed the mud flap... but my old 285s rubbed all the time... these don't.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #1573
mike2100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mike2100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post

Those wheels look awesome. Do you know how much they weigh?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1576
mike2100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mike2100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
55-60-ish lbs
The wheels, not the tires lol

I have heard 30 pounds but that seems high, considering the stock TRD Off Road wheels are 22 lbs.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1577
Tail Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
Those wheels look awesome. Do you know how much they weigh?
i would guess they wiegh in around 25 at most without the tires or lugs on them. they aren't that heavy at all. with the tires (the toyos are pretty darn heavy) it comes in around 60ish... i would guess. they aren't light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
this size tire looks like a pizza cutter
hence why they're called pizza cutters haha
Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #1578
Tail Striker

i thought i'd add these to give you all an idea how far they stick out.

looking at the rear

looking at the front.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #1579
Danimal69361 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Danimal69361's Tacoma Gallery
I LOVE my 255 km2's. Everyone says they are not good on snowy/icy roads, but the last two days proves them wrong. Next test... SAND!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #1580
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
so i have a question for your guys runnin cooper discovery st's. i got a little squirrely in the rain earlier (no i wasnt using the skinny) and i wanna know whats an ideal psi to run these with no armor