Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

do these suck ???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
All spacers suck.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
they do not suck, they are just not hub centric. i love mine
Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
All spacers suck.
X2
Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
how can you tell if they are hub centric ........and if spacers suck whats another way to fit bigger tires
Hubcentric spacers will have a little hub ring for the wheel hub to center on (look at the spidertrax spacers below)

Get wheels with a smaller backspacing.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hubcentric spacers will have a little hub ring for the wheel hub to center on (look at the spidertrax spacers below)

Get wheels with a smaller backspacing.

thank you I see the difference ...I found a set of 4 on cl for 80 but I guess Ill go a different route
Old 05-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
If you must have wheel spacers, get Spidertrax. Lots of guys run them on here and have no complaints.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
thank you I see the difference ...I found a set of 4 on cl for 80 but I guess Ill go a different route
Were you trying to stick with stock wheels?
If so, I wounldn't consider any spacer but the spidertrax ones (because they are hubcentric).

Factory wheels are hubcentric. Most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. If you attempt to use your factory wheels on a spacer that is lug centric, you sir, have a deathwish.

Without a spot for the hub to center on, well there's no way to center the wheels. Factory lug nuts are not lug centric lugs. And you can't use lug centric lugs on a factory wheel. Well...you could, but you'd end up pulling a Jacob Wood.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Were you trying to stick with stock wheels?
If so, I wounldn't consider any spacer but the spidertrax ones (because they are hubcentric).

Factory wheels are hubcentric. Most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. If you attempt to use your factory wheels on a spacer that is lug centric, you sir, have a deathwish.

Without a spot for the hub to center on, well there's no way to center the wheels. Factory lug nuts are not lug centric lugs. And you can't use lug centric lugs on a factory wheel. Well...you could, but you'd end up pulling a Jacob Wood.
ill prob just put bigger tires on my stock rims ...from what Ive read if I wanna get 285s I need spacers?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
ill prob just put bigger tires on my stock rims ...from what Ive read if I wanna get 285s I need spacers?
It'll work for mall crawling. What are your 5100's set at up front?

No matter what, you're just going to rub the sway bar with a 5" BS and maybe the frame at full lock/compression. I squeezed 285's on my wifes 4th gen runner with factory Tundra wheels (also have a 5" BS). I've driven the shit out of her runner at Pismo before and it did ok. Just tried to avoid full lock. I have the Toytec coilovers on the runner is set at 3" right now, but there are definetly shiney spots on the sway bar.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B (notice the shiney spots):

Exhibit C (fender trimming required too)

Old 05-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
If you must have wheel spacers, get Spidertrax. Lots of guys run them on here and have no complaints.
this!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
B A N N E D

Quote:
It'll work for mall crawling. What are your 5100's set at up front?

No matter what, you're just going to rub the sway bar with a 5" BS and maybe the frame at full lock/compression. I squeezed 285's on my wifes 4th gen runner with factory Tundra wheels (also have a 5" BS). I've driven the shit out of her runner at Pismo before and it did ok. Just tried to avoid full lock. I have the Toytec coilovers on the runner is set at 3" right now, but there are definetly shiney spots on the sway bar.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B (notice the shiney spots):

Exhibit C (fender trimming required too)

they are at 1.75 now but will be going up to 2.5 when my aal arrives maybe Ill just go 265s............we have an 06 runner also
Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
they are at 1.75 now but will be going up to 2.5 when my aal arrives maybe Ill just go 265s............we have an 06 runner also
I shall keep a close eye out for a set of used wheels with 4.5" BS for you good sir.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Im running the all pro hub centrics with 285's on stock rims