1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

low tire pressure light

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JRoss, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    JRoss

JRoss [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    I just bought 4 stock tacoma wheels and tires with the sensors still installed, mounted and balanced them, my pressure is fine, but when ever I leave the house and travel a bit, my low pressure light comes on, what do I need to do???

2. May 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Does it flash and then come on or just come on solid??
    Flashing means it is registering a sensor(s) as failed. Solid means low pressure. If you bought those new wheels with different sensors than were in the truck...You need to get the new sensors programmed into the TPMS computer-That's a trip to the dealer and 80-90 bones from what I have heard.

3. May 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    The new sensors have to be programed to your truck, I imagine you still have your original tires and rims sitting around, and when you are at home they connect to them, but when they go to cycle the pressure information after you have left home the light comes on.

4. May 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    tanktodd

tanktodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    back on the right side of the bay, Ala
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner w/TRD Sport Pkg
    Limo tint in back w/ 20% on doors. Removed all badges. Stereo headunit, all new door speakers, 2 amps, and 10' sub...so far Black bullbar MotoMetals and 285/70/17 Duratracs. 3" OME springs in front and aal in back with tsb springs Black UWS tool box 5100's all around Plasti-dipped evo front end Fog light anytime mod OEM steps (for sale) HID fogs 55w 3000k HID heads 35 w 6000k "Cool white" dome & map lights
    It could also be your spare tire

5. May 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    JRoss

JRoss [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    It flashes for a minute of so, then stays solid, guess I'm taking a trip to the dealership, damnit!!!

6. May 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    JRoss

JRoss [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Thanks for your help guys

7. May 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Try setting all FIVE tires to door jam specs, push and hold the reset button then turn the ign to on, wait for the tire light to blink three times. This resets the base pressure. If the light comes back on, take it in.

8. May 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Door jamb pressure doesn't matter- Just as long as all 5 are the SAME pressure (or very close) it's good to go- That button will reset it.

BUT the OP has a FLASHING light first-That means sensor malf....and with a new set of tires...Once he gets far enuf (distance and time) away from the old tires- The light goes off.

Products Discussed in

To Top