Notices

low tire pressure light

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
JRoss is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
low tire pressure light

I just bought 4 stock tacoma wheels and tires with the sensors still installed, mounted and balanced them, my pressure is fine, but when ever I leave the house and travel a bit, my low pressure light comes on, what do I need to do???
Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Does it flash and then come on or just come on solid??
Flashing means it is registering a sensor(s) as failed. Solid means low pressure. If you bought those new wheels with different sensors than were in the truck...You need to get the new sensors programmed into the TPMS computer-That's a trip to the dealer and 80-90 bones from what I have heard.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
The new sensors have to be programed to your truck, I imagine you still have your original tires and rims sitting around, and when you are at home they connect to them, but when they go to cycle the pressure information after you have left home the light comes on.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
It flashes for a minute of so, then stays solid, guess I'm taking a trip to the dealership, damnit!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your help guys
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Try setting all FIVE tires to door jam specs, push and hold the reset button then turn the ign to on, wait for the tire light to blink three times. This resets the base pressure. If the light comes back on, take it in.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Try setting all FIVE tires to door jam specs, push and hold the reset button then turn the ign to on, wait for the tire light to blink three times. This resets the base pressure. If the light comes back on, take it in.
Door jamb pressure doesn't matter- Just as long as all 5 are the SAME pressure (or very close) it's good to go- That button will reset it.

BUT the OP has a FLASHING light first-That means sensor malf....and with a new set of tires...Once he gets far enuf (distance and time) away from the old tires- The light goes off.