Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

I bought new tires+Wheels. question on fitment

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Ian.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really nice
Name: Ian
Ian.Avila's Tacoma Gallery
I bought new tires+Wheels. question on fitment

I got 16x9 4.5 backspace -12 offset Motometal 951's
285/75-16 Kuhmo MT KL71's

I also have a 3" Lift coming in, ive seen other people run a set up similar to this...but will I need wheel spacers to run this set up?
Or just do a little trimming?

And, will i need new lug nuts?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
385s or 285s? If its 285s, you will be fine with just a little trimming up front. You wont need spacers, and they should have given you new lugs when you got the rims.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats almost 39's son, most ppl i know who run 38's got least 9" of lift...
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Ian.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really nice
Woops...meant 285's lol
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawick View Post
385s or 285s? If its 285s, you will be fine with just a little trimming up front. You wont need spacers, and they should have given you new lugs when you got the rims.
I ordered through 4wheelparts and Im pretty sure I clicked remove on the new lug nuts. Ill have to call them tomorrow and get some sent out
Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if they charge you more than $2.50 per lugnut, go to your local auto parts store... out here, a set of 4 is $5.99 at Pep Boys...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if they charge you more than $2.50 per lugnut, go to your local auto parts store... out here, a set of 4 is $5.99 at Pep Boys...
What size should I get?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.Avila View Post
What size should I get?
we just did Temectaco's truck last week and we went with Acorn lugs with bulge... 12mm x 1.5 R.H.