Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Who doesn't like the Dura Tracs? Why?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Dakota 08 is on a distinguished road
Dakota 08's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Who doesn't like the Dura Tracs? Why?

I'm in need of new tires after I go up 1.75" in front and it seems every time I go to read for advice from this forum, everyone loves Dura Tracs.

I'm looking for something with an aggressive tread, yet light to help me get the best road ride and mpg's. Are these tires as great as everyone thinks? Should I quit going cross-eyed from reading this forum and just buy them?

Another question: will a skinnier tire tend to get you better mpg's due to less road friction?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Heard nothing but good about the Dura Tracs. Might be my next set of tires.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Well coming from a Duratrac owner, better MPGs and Duratracs shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. They are AMAZING tires for what they are designed for which is mud, rocks, rough terrain, snow, and sand; basically everything in the elements. If however you are concerned with MPGs they will drop. That is where you'll have to make the decision. Do you want an AT aggressive tire, OR do you want to retain MPG because you won't get both with Duratracs.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Heard nothing but good about the Dura Tracs. Might be my next set of tires.
x2!

They're not gonna be my next tire, but they get good reviews on here.

If you do a search, you will find a lot more info on them.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Here are 49 pages of feedback from Duratrac owners, this will answer all of your questions.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...duratracs.html
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
they are louder than my bfg a/t's were, that's all I got!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
I had put the duratrac's on (265/75/16) and I felt that they were floaty on the highway, I guess it was because of the softer rubber compound and the bigger lugs. I felt it was loud after 40mph. I went with the Hankook atm.s (265/75/16) They feel better on the road. Don't get me wrong I might not have given the duratrac's a fair shakedown. Just my .02
Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Well coming from a Duratrac owner, better MPGs and Duratracs shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. They are AMAZING tires for what they are designed for which is mud, rocks, rough terrain, snow, and sand; basically everything in the elements. If however you are concerned with MPGs they will drop. That is where you'll have to make the decision. Do you want an AT aggressive tire, OR do you want to retain MPG because you won't get both with Duratracs.
How much did your MPGs drop?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
I love them and as far as a aggressive/multi purpose tire they are tough to beat. They do well with dirt/mud/ice/pavement
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post3145298
Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
i can;t stand the tread pattern!!! i am rue they are great tire, but if i had to see those everytime i got in the truck, i would go crazy
Old 05-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
I love them and as far as a aggressive/multi purpose tire they are tough to beat. They do well with dirt/mud/ice/pavement
Yeah, their tread pattern seems to be just right. Not as aggresive as a mud tire, but more aggresive then a all terrain.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Yeah, their tread pattern seems to be just right. Not as aggresive as a mud tire, but more aggresive then a all terrain.
How do you like the M/T's
Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
I wish I could get milage out of these tires. Some how all yall have great luck with them but with mine at 14k they were bald
(From a different thread) This scares me.

I had 80k miles on my BFG's before I sold my last truck. I know what I will be getting when it is time.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
How do you like the M/T's
They have served me well so far, but I wish I would have went with an A/T. I only got the M/T's cause they looked so badass on display, plus I got a killer deal on them, but they're overkill for me since i'm only 2wd.

I've had these for almost a year now and they still look brand new! Once they wear out, i'm gonna replace them with Procomp Xtreme Terrains.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
(From a different thread) This scares me.

I had 80k miles on my BFG's before I sold my last truck. I know what I will be getting when it is time.
If you drive like shit no tire will last you. I wore down a set of Maxxis Buckshot mudders in 4 months of driving like asshole in my Ranger.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you drive like shit no tire will last you. I wore down a set of Maxxis Buckshot mudders in 4 months of driving like asshole in my Ranger.
haha! I pretty much did the same thing with BFG M/T's (not km2's) when I was in high school
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grapplers FTW here, i personally think they are the best tire out there... they are relativly quiet, grab hard core off road, and retain ride and gas milage. I personally dont like duratracs at all!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
True, but I haven't seen anyone get a ton of miles out of them, so I am still skeptical...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
Cogneato is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Cogneato's Tacoma Gallery
I love my DuraTracs. They give a nice hum when you hit 60mph. They've performed well in the leibre mountains in California when it snowed last november. They ride super well and I love how aggressive they look. I admit there are more aggressive looking tires out on the market but these tires friggin' rule.