Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 P245/75R16; I need advice on which one to purchase

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
pos3idon is on a distinguished road
pos3idon's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 P245/75R16; I need advice on which one to purchase

I am preparing to purchase my first new set of tires for my 2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, after much research I believe that I am going to purchase the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 P245/75R16's because of the off-road capability and the (hopefully) good highway MPGs (does anyone have these on their truck? Did you lose MPG's?)

Anyways, when I went to research them I realized that there are many different sub models ( P265/75R16 114T, 116s ect...) Now I am thoroughly confused, can anyone help me figure out which ones to order? I am running a completely stock truck (except for the leer topper on the back).
Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 3 trucks (2001, 2005, 2010: 4WD Off Road TRDs) all came with 265/70-16 tires (BFG Rugged Trails).

When I got my DynaPros 3 months ago, I got them one inch taller: 265/75-16 and that gave me 1/2" more ground clearance as well as made my too fast speedometer read correctly!

I am extremely happy with the DynaPro ATm's for highway, snow, mud and desert use... so far!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I got around 18.5mpg with my 245/75R16 Dunlop AT20s. This is the first full tank in my 265/75R16 p-rated Dynapros where I filled up sequentially at the exact same pump, and I got 17.9mpg. I expected to lose about 1 mpg, and I probably lost around that, maybe a bit more, as the 18.5 avg was through winter when mileage is worse. I may still bump up from 36 to 38 psi and see what that does for my mileage.

Truck looks way better, no way would I go back to the 245s.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
MDFM31 is a glorious beacon of lightMDFM31 is a glorious beacon of lightMDFM31 is a glorious beacon of lightMDFM31 is a glorious beacon of lightMDFM31 is a glorious beacon of lightMDFM31 is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement: MD State Fire Marshal
MDFM31's Tacoma Gallery
The three digit numbers you are referring to are indicative of the load range. Look here at the size chart and it will tell you the load range in pounds in relationship to that three digit number.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Produc...m=4&FnCode=044

I have P series 265/70/17 on mine, so i could only have load range 113, but other sizes are available with multiple load ranges.

I lost less than 1 mpg when going to the bigger size and the more aggressive tread from my 265/65/17 bridgestone dueler ht's. But i also got 2" wider wheels with real stainless streetlock bolts, so I'd bet my mpg loss is mostly from the weight of the wheels.

You won't be disappointed with the ATM's. Especially for the price. Get them now before the rest of the world discovers them and they go up $300 for a set.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFM31 View Post
The three digit numbers you are referring to are indicative of the load range. Look here at the size chart and it will tell you the load range in pounds in relationship to that three digit number.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Produc...m=4&FnCode=044

I have P series 265/70/17 on mine, so i could only have load range 113, but other sizes are available with multiple load ranges.

I lost less than 1 mpg when going to the bigger size and the more aggressive tread from my 265/65/17 bridgestone dueler ht's. But i also got 2" wider wheels with real stainless streetlock bolts, so I'd bet my mpg loss is mostly from the weight of the wheels.

You won't be disappointed with the ATM's. Especially for the price. Get them now before the rest of the world discovers them and they go up $300 for a set.
they sure are not cheap up here in Canada...and hard to get!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
bump for the same question...

I'm hoping dropping to the 245/75 gets me a bit better gas mileage than the 265/65. They're essentially the same diameter.

Anyone?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
bump for the same question...

I'm hoping dropping to the 245/75 gets me a bit better gas mileage than the 265/65. They're essentially the same diameter.

Anyone?
It should give you a little bit better actual mileage, because it should be lighter and the 245/75 has a slightly smaller footprint. Will it be enough to notice? No idea.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
Nsjones is on a distinguished road
Nsjones's Tacoma Gallery
What about if you have 4 banger?

Will bumping up to 265 put too much strain on the engine or no??