Notices

BFG all terrain or Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

View Poll Results: Which tires are better
BFG All Terrain 28 45.16%
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 34 54.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
nsuccop26 will become famous soon enoughnsuccop26 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
nsuccop26's Tacoma Gallery
BFG all terrain or Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

I have been looking at getting new tires for a while but i am stuck on these two. I will be driving some offroad but mostly around town. Which tires will be best for me with gas mileage and wear.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
S.S.T. is on a distinguished road
S.S.T.'s Tacoma Gallery
You'll probably get better wear from the BFGs.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Sandhopper is on a distinguished road

Sandhopper's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a goodyear fan... Personaly Bridgestone Duelers Revos (D) when I am due for tires.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
My BFG AT's were pretty decent. Never personally ran the Duratrac's so I can't say, but I wasn't vastly impressed seeing them in action off-road. Personally, I"m running BFG KM2's now.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I do like my duratracks but since I got them I have considerably decreased my driving. I have done some off-roading and I have to say they are a drastic improvement from stock. But I can't honestly compare them to anything else.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to pick up some new tires in a couple months and being that i dont offroad all day every day just every second weekend and i carry lots of weight in the truck and tow trailers im going with some BFG all-terrain 235/85/16 they are snow rated and weight rated.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Two things to consider, what type of off road terrian would u be driving through, and the load range....

i would pick the BF's over GY's

but if its mostly road and hardly any off road, im sure u could go with other tires that wont be so heavy so it will help u n the long run with gas and stuff. Good luck
Old 05-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
BFG
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
I've run BFG ATs for years and have had great luck with them. Long tread life and only 1 flat tire despite lots of tough terrain and highway miles
Old 05-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Duratracs. Both are good tires though.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have BFG A/Ts and they are awesome tires. The truck rides and drive soo much better than stock with these tires. I've put roughly 40K on them and they've still got life left. Though I'm leaning towards the Dura Trecs for my next set of tires, just because I've heard soo much good about them.

You can't go wrong with the BFGs though. They're great tires.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned both. BFG's are a great all around tire. They'd be the better choice for daily driving. They're not as aggressive of a tread but work decent off road. Hard rubber lasts forever. The looks are rather vanilla.

I have Duratracs now. They're better off road and have more aggressive side lugs. The softer rubber grips the local sandstone very well but wears faster. They look bad ass.

Both work well on wet and winter road conditions.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
I love the BFG's
Old 05-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #15
jackalope killer
L.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really nice

L.V.T.'s Tacoma Gallery
I put some duratraks on my 2wd about 1000 miles ago and I couldn't be happier. I went back to some steep trails I couldn't make it up before and with the duratraks I can now make it. With those and a locker I can pretty much go wherever I want. No gnarly rock crawling, but I haven't been stuck with them yet, unlike the stock shitters that get mud slicked when you go through humid sand lol.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-duratrac.html
Old 05-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Bfg's here..ok well treadwright bfg's and I'm happy with my purchase. They did great in a rain storm recently. And you cant beat $500 shipped.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
808matt, your sig is just too damn distracting!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
67gtonut has a spectacular aura about67gtonut has a spectacular aura about

Name: Troy
67gtonut's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt run GOOD for a YEAR on anything....
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
I love the duratracs. I have 2 sets actually and I am selling 1 of them. I thought they were going to be my winter tires but I am going to run them all year so I just need 1 set. I do like the winter and offroad abilities over the at bfg's I had. Both were great but for the bfg's once I had about 60% tread they were just not the same and really did not perform as I hoped. So far the dt tires are doing awesome.

Check out my sig if you wanna get my dt tires on sale