Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Procomp 7089's in areas that salt the roads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp 7089's in areas that salt the roads

I am planning on purchasing some Procomp 7089's to run as my winter wheels, just wondering, anyone had any problems with these in areas that salt the roads? I am sure all black Procomp's would have the same results, not just the 7089's...

So, what are your experiences?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone running these up north?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help you with any salt experiences, but I have these rims and the center caps painted or powdercoated differently somehow than the rest of the rim. I've had the center cap start losing paint on one of the rims. I took it in to Americas Tire (where I bought them) and they replaced them for free, so it wasn't too big of a deal. Other than that they have been great. I haven't had this happen to any of the other rims so I don't know if this was just an isolated case or effects all rims. Just a little heads up

Edit: What I'm trying to get at is I don't know if the center cap would start chipping paint if it was hit with salt while you were driving.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. I looked at your gallery, I will be running the same tire. I like the looks. Your truck looks good!