Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Fj rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Fj rims

Found 4 fj rims silver for 400 is that a good deal.

I wanted the black ones forgot the right name.

Can i paint them or have them powder coated or would it not look good?

Thanks for any info!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I had the silver ones, then painted them black and they look pretty good. I got them for $125/wheel brand new. So if they're in good shape, I say good deal.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

before

after
Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
before

No offense whatsoever, but I like the silver FJ wheels better on the silver truck! Looks good either way.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I had the silver ones, then painted them black and they look pretty good. I got them for $125/wheel brand new. So if they're in good shape, I say good deal.
howd you paint them, i bought my truck the way you see it, white n chrome. want to get rid of all chrome and turn it to black n white, wanna start with the wheels. question is, how much more durable is painting them, can i paint chrome, how would i do it? sand blast first? or should i powder coat? oh i have the moto metals.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
No offense whatsoever, but I like the silver FJ wheels better on the silver truck! Looks good either way.
No offense taken. I was set on silver (had them for 3+ years like that), but once I got my bumper, I decided to go away with all the chrome and black out as much I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
howd you paint them, i bought my truck the way you see it, white n chrome. want to get rid of all chrome and turn it to black n white, wanna start with the wheels. question is, how much more durable is painting them, can i paint chrome, how would i do it? sand blast first? or should i powder coat? oh i have the moto metals.
There's a bunch of write ups on here, but basically, clean, sand, clean, prime, paint.

I cleaned it with a regular kitchen sponge (rough side), then used sand paper, then cleaned it off with a tack cloth, prime, and paint. For primer and paint I just used duplicolor. The main thing with painting is the cleaning and the sanding. I spent a lot of time working on that.

I didn't powdercoat because it would probably come off off roading anyway. Rattle can is such a fast and easy fix!

GL!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
I found another pair! Dude sold them 5 minutes before i called haha!!!!!

<----- on a mission now