Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cleaning Aluminum Wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning Aluminum Wheels?

So I have series 186 eagle alloy wheels. Over the winter i seem to have gotten a layer of oxidation over the finish and the regular wheel cleaners wont take if off! What do i do?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
If there is not a clear coat on the wheels and just polished aluminum, use Mothers aluminum and mag polish.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 05-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
If there is not a clear coat on the wheels and just polished aluminum, use Mothers aluminum and mag polish.
^^This

You can clean them with an aluminum wheel cleaner (I think Eagle One makes one), then polish with an aluminum polish like mentioned above. I've used Brasso, chrome polish, and Eagle One wadding polish. I can't really say which polish is better. At least on my wheels (Eagle Alloy Series 146) it doesn't seem to make much difference which polish I use.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Thanks man ill look into that tomorrow!