2010 Taco aftermarket wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
TacoLover13 is on a distinguished road
Name: EvilTaco
TacoLover13's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Taco aftermarket wheels

Hello all,

I recently just got 3" lift installed on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma Xtra cab w/ Bilstein shocks F&B, LOVE the way it rides already.

I have my 31" BFG A/T's & aftermarket steel wheels all ready, however the wheels do not fit due to the brake caliper being thicker than yrs. past. (rubs inner wheel.) What size / dimensions of a wheel would I need?

Are there any options? Ideally I would LOVE to stay w/ BLK wheels? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
www.4wheelparts.com has a lot of wheel options. You can narrow it down by size, color, etc.

4-4.5" backspacing is what u should get for best fitment/least rubbing. They need to be atleast 16" in diameter and 8-9" wide is generally prefered

Most aluminum wheels will fit fine. I dont know of any steel wheels that fit our trucks
Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
www.4wheelparts.com has a lot of wheel options. You can narrow it down by size, color, etc.

4-4.5" backspacing is what u should get for best fitment/least rubbing. They need to be atleast 16" in diameter and 8-9" wide is generally prefered

Most aluminum wheels will fit fine. I dont know of any steel wheels that fit our trucks
Not on a 5-lug.

He can fit 15's fine. and stock backspacing on 5-lugs is 3.75", so you would need something in the 3.25-3.75" range.

Stock 5-lug rims are 6" wide I believe....

Op what are the specs of the wheels you are running now....?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Thanks for any and all info....Have stock wheels / tires that came with the truck.

Going w/ 31" BFG A/T's, problem being w/ wheels due to brake caliper being bigger on 2010's. Was told wheel spacer would break and do not want to grind down to calipers.

Would proper amt. of back spacing fix the problem so wheels can fit?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoLover13 View Post
Thanks for any and all info....Have stock wheels / tires that came with the truck.

Going w/ 31" BFG A/T's, problem being w/ wheels due to brake caliper being bigger on 2010's. Was told wheel spacer would break and do not want to grind down to calipers.

Would proper amt. of back spacing fix the problem so wheels can fit?
I'm confused.....you have the 31's on the stock wheels, and the stock wheels are hitting the brake caliper now?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
No sorry, still have original stock wheels & tires on it from factory, only lift has been installed.. Waiting to see what wheel options are so we can get the tires & proper wheels installed.

Wheels we ordered were hitting brake calipers.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoLover13 View Post
No sorry, still have original stock wheels & tires on it from factory, only lift has been installed.. Waiting to see what wheel options are so we can get the tires & proper wheels installed.

Wheels we ordered were hitting brake calipers.
And what was the specs of the wheels that were hitting the caliper?

diamter, width, backspacing, offset...
Old 05-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Not on a 5-lug.

He can fit 15's fine. and stock backspacing on 5-lugs is 3.75", so you would need something in the 3.25-3.75" range.

Stock 5-lug rims are 6" wide I believe....

Op what are the specs of the wheels you are running now....?
my bad - I didnt even see that he was 5 lug. I'll shut up now