Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

how to get 285 or 33 ON My truck

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
GA1044 is on a distinguished road
GA1044's Tacoma Gallery
how to get 285 or 33 ON My truck

Well i've been looking around for tires, my pick are 285 or 33 on stock wheels, the problem lies on lift needed.
1. how much of a lift do I need. Can I do it with a leveling kit or do I have to get a suspension lift. since i am throwing money for tires i need the cheapest way i can fit the tires. responses are greatly appreciated
Old 10-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1044 View Post
Well i've been looking around for tires, my pick are 285 or 33 on stock wheels, the problem lies on lift needed.
1. how much of a lift do I need. Can I do it with a leveling kit or do I have to get a suspension lift. since i am throwing money for tires i need the cheapest way i can fit the tires. responses are greatly appreciated
you could possibly do a level kit, but i think its pretty iffy. you really need a decent 3 inch lift kit(toytec makes some damn nice ones for a good price), and even then, you will still need to remove the mud flaps and do a very monor trim job. i say a 3 inch lift is the way to go, and if you have 4x4....go ahead with the diff drop too.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
A 285 IS a 33.

And Will said it. Plus you will need wheel spacers (like Spidertrax), otherwise you're gonna rub on the UCA.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
GA1044's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys I really like they ideas and they are affordable. and about the spacers would i need the lug or hub centric axle one?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
hub centric
beat me to it!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
GA1044's Tacoma Gallery
thanks really appreciate it
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1044 View Post
thanks really appreciate it
be sure to post up pics when you are done!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you could possibly do a level kit, but i think its pretty iffy. you really need a decent 3 inch lift kit(toytec makes some damn nice ones for a good price), and even then, you will still need to remove the mud flaps and do a very monor trim job. i say a 3 inch lift is the way to go, and if you have 4x4....go ahead with the diff drop too.
could please explain why it would be "iffy" to run them on a leveling kit? i want 285s as well but i have the 5100 set to 2.5 in the front and the tsb on the back...i would be getting tc uca before though...
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think ive got my saws set around 2.5 inches...and my 255/85s (33.change") rub slightly on the pinchweld and would prob tear off my flaps if i still had them

the majority of my rubbing is more than likely on the fender liner and not so much the actual pinch weld

the 255/85 will NOT rub the UCA even on stock backspacing with no spacers
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
could please explain why it would be "iffy" to run them on a leveling kit? i want 285s as well but i have the 5100 set to 2.5 in the front and the tsb on the back...i would be getting tc uca before though...
well, with the 3 inch kit, there is a bit more room, and less trimming than there would be with just the levelness of the 5100's. and you still need wheel spacers iirc. im not saying it cant be done, im just saying the easier way to do it would be a 3 inch lift. a 3 inch lift, with tc uca's and spacers for stock wheels....that would be a hella nice setup there. i mean...you can get a good toytec lift with with coils and rear aal for right around $300, and they are really nice and affordable for the most part. couple up with the set of 5100's.......good deal as far as im concerned.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it should be noted to that a lot of rubbing will depend on the tire

my trxus m/t in 265/75 on stock wheels rubbed the UCA but the Mastercraft MT in the same size didnt

my new BFGs arent quite as wide and dont even come close
Old 10-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
it should be noted to that a lot of rubbing will depend on the tire

my trxus m/t in 265/75 on stock wheels rubbed the UCA but the Mastercraft MT in the same size didnt

my new BFGs arent quite as wide and dont even come close
great point jeff...........alot will depend on the tire itself as far as rubbing goes.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
great point jeff...........alot will depend on the tire itself as far as rubbing goes.
that reminds me...i think tomorrow im taking a BFH to my pinch weld
Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #14

Quote:
that reminds me...i think tomorrow im taking a BFH to my pinch weld
that'll do it man!!

you heading up here at any point?? im gonna be relaxing in my recliner for a while!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
that'll do it man!!

you heading up here at any point?? im gonna be relaxing in my recliner for a while!!
unsure as of yet

seeing as how ive been up for 22 hours ill prob sleep pretty late and i know i need to do this pinch weld bs because otherwise it wont get done by URE...ill play it by ear...pm me your number...my sim card recently went bad in my phone and i dont know that yours is still on there
Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #16

Quote:
unsure as of yet

seeing as how ive been up for 22 hours ill prob sleep pretty late and i know i need to do this pinch weld bs because otherwise it wont get done by URE...ill play it by ear...pm me your number...my sim card recently went bad in my phone and i dont know that yours is still on there
aight....that'll work. i need your cell too....i didnt get it last time man.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
aight....that'll work. I need your cell too....i didnt get it last time man.
10-4